If it's spam, it must be FRIDAY!

Started by MetalDog, August 09, 2013, 05:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 09, 2013, 05:26:32 PM
Quote from: sandman2575 on August 09, 2013, 02:35:50 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 09, 2013, 01:31:14 PM
I'm working nightshifts so not much gaming for me.  I am going to try out the BlackIce mod for HOI III that Mr. Nixon's head recommended.  I'm just not sure which nation I should play.

Glad to hear it.  Once you go Black(ICE), you'll never go back (to vanilla hoi).  Conceptually probably the only significant difference is the very different tech trees, and to a lesser extent the wider variety of units.  Still, if you've played vanilla you can adjust to ICE easily enough.

Are you using TFH?  I've tried getting ICE to run with it but it seems really buggy.  I've installed the latest version (MKVIIrev1027) and the hotfix but it crashes constantly.  I haven't been able to get it to run for more than a few days of gametime before it crashes to desktop.

Did you disable your other mods? Maybe they are conflicting? Haven't used any Mods in HOI III yet, so just guessing.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yup.  I disabled all other mods and even went back to a clean install but it crashes constantly. 

sandman2575

Are you using TFH?  I've tried getting ICE to run with it but it seems really buggy.  I've installed the latest version (MKVIIrev1027) and the hotfix but it crashes constantly.  I haven't been able to get it to run for more than a few days of gametime before it crashes to desktop.

ugh sorry to hear that -- Yes I'm using TFH.  Did you also d/l and install the "podcat's TFH .exe" -- there's a link below the 3.2c hotfix.  I'm not sure what exactly it does (and in fact have posted on the forum because i'd like to know) -- but it seemed like an odd and easy to overlook step.

?

Toonces

Man, you guys are making me think I need to boot up HOI3.  I have a bunch of the HOI games, both disk and Steam, but never really tried them.

Anyway it's going to be: War of the Roses, Mount and Blade with the CRPG mod, and I'm not sure what else yet.  Maybe some CK2.

Oh, and some Rising Storm/RO2 as usual.

Finally, getting back to doing some more testing of Flashpoint Campaigns.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 09, 2013, 06:33:04 AM
Well - tonight because I'll be having a few beers, I'm going with some OOTP 13

For tomorrow I have some work round the house, but I think I'll do some DCS Black Shark and some more building/painting of my Trumpeter 1/35th Scale Challenger II

For Sunday, more work round the house and possibly some light gaming - maybe some Bioshock Infinite or some racing - rFactor 2 or GPL and some more model building.

Have a good one people.

Hey Judge, not sure if you saw it but F1: 2012 is on sale for $10 on Steam.  From what I understand it's not super realistic, but I absolutely love it.  Lots of fun if you are into that type of racing.

Keep in mind that I'm a relative racing sim n00b and I don't know a lot about car racing.  I do know that I love racing in F1:2012 though, regardless of what the SimHQ guys say about it!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Arctic Blast

Not sure yet what I'll play, but it has to be something that won't eat up a massive amount of time for weeks on end. The Saints Row IV release approaches.  ;D

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: sandman2575 on August 09, 2013, 08:23:02 PM

ugh sorry to hear that -- Yes I'm using TFH.  Did you also d/l and install the "podcat's TFH .exe" -- there's a link below the 3.2c hotfix.  I'm not sure what exactly it does (and in fact have posted on the forum because i'd like to know) -- but it seemed like an odd and easy to overlook step.

?

Yup, you are correct.  I missed that file.  I'll give it a whirl tomorrow when I get home from work.

Rizik6

Civ 5 BNW as Vienna, a one city Civ. Also I still have recent purchases of Dragon Commander and Shadowrun that I haven't spent much time on.

Toonces

Man I have completely forgotten how to play CK2...  :(

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Toonces on August 09, 2013, 09:28:33 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 09, 2013, 06:33:04 AM
Well - tonight because I'll be having a few beers, I'm going with some OOTP 13

For tomorrow I have some work round the house, but I think I'll do some DCS Black Shark and some more building/painting of my Trumpeter 1/35th Scale Challenger II

For Sunday, more work round the house and possibly some light gaming - maybe some Bioshock Infinite or some racing - rFactor 2 or GPL and some more model building.

Have a good one people.

Hey Judge, not sure if you saw it but F1: 2012 is on sale for $10 on Steam.  From what I understand it's not super realistic, but I absolutely love it.  Lots of fun if you are into that type of racing.

Keep in mind that I'm a relative racing sim n00b and I don't know a lot about car racing.  I do know that I love racing in F1:2012 though, regardless of what the SimHQ guys say about it!
Thx Toonces. I have it - bought it on release.

It's one of the few Codemasters games I like but my system is a "teensy" wee bit slow for it.

But thank you. I am now going to fire it up...but what track! HOCKENHEIM!
Alba gu' brath

Toonces

LOL.

Yeah, I bought it last Xmas for $50 I think as well.  What a great game.

I got a wheel/pedal setup for Xmas and so I was looking for a good racing game to get.  I don't know crap about racing, but it looked like fun.  All I really knew is that I totally dig Formula 1 cars...I don't know much else really.  So I looked at F1 and it seemed like a must have.

Later I browsed the SimHQ forums and they absolutely hate that game.  Which is fine; they know more about "sim" racing than I do for sure.  But holy crap is it just a fun game, realistic or not.  I love it.  Fortunately my computer runs it full-up so it's just an insanely awesome looking game, and super fun to boot.

Toonces

CK2 is such a time-sink.

I reckon I have about a 10% idea of what the hell I'm doing in the game and it is still so damn fun I can't believe it.  Like, I feel like I'm holding on, barely influencing the ride, but just enjoying the heck out of the show anyway.  What an awesome game.

My Scotland campaign was essentially dead so I started a new campaign tonight.  Actually two campaigns.  The first one was as The Isles in the Old Gods DLC and I just had no idea what the hell was going on.  So I restarted at the 1066 campaign as William the Bastard of Normandy and I'm about 30 years in so far.  I failed the Norman Conquest (didn't quite understand who I was enemies with for about the first 10 years or so) but now I'm grooving and finally seized my first province.  Anyway, I spend a good 3 hours playing without really knowing what I was doing, but doggone I just had to play one more turn, you know?

Amazing game for sure!

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Toonces on August 10, 2013, 04:37:27 AM
LOL.

Yeah, I bought it last Xmas for $50 I think as well.  What a great game.

I got a wheel/pedal setup for Xmas and so I was looking for a good racing game to get.  I don't know crap about racing, but it looked like fun.  All I really knew is that I totally dig Formula 1 cars...I don't know much else really.  So I looked at F1 and it seemed like a must have.

Later I browsed the SimHQ forums and they absolutely hate that game.  Which is fine; they know more about "sim" racing than I do for sure.  But holy crap is it just a fun game, realistic or not.  I love it.  Fortunately my computer runs it full-up so it's just an insanely awesome looking game, and super fun to boot.
rFactor 2 is absolutely amazing. I haven't played online yet, but the single player stuff is pretty good and the AI is none too crap either. It's really came together this last year

I've just been racing Hockenheim in my Formula 2 and the feel is fantastic.
Alba gu' brath

panzerde

I started up Shadowrun Returns last night and had a blast with it.  Yes, the story is pretty much on rails, but it's interesting and the game itself if fun.  Very '90's feel to it.

Today is probably some CMBN/CMFI or maybe back into my Alea Jacta Est campaign.  I have some Tiller games running I need to get back to as well.  Like everyone else, I have more games than I have time to play...
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Bison on August 09, 2013, 03:35:17 PM
It's extra awesome when the ol' greybeard (me) PWNS the ever living schiznit out of smart mouthed punks still living in mama's basement.   8)

I had a great game last night.  We still lost - I'm used to that - but for the first 75% of the game (as Sniper) I actually had more kills than deaths!  I was laning with Sand King against Dragon Knight and Juggernaut.  Dragon Knight was playing very defensively which suited me just fine, but Juggernaut was playing like an absolute pillock.  He was only ever dangerous late-game when his ultimate was good and powerful.  I kicked his arse for him.

As usual...the end of game stats revealed that I was the only player of both teams who did any denying at all...  ::)