Star Lords is going to be published by Iceberg Interactive Q4 2013

Started by Anguille, August 12, 2013, 09:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Steelgrave

I'm sooooo disappointed that they didn't name the game Space Lords, just so I could play my favorite Monster Magnet song in the background  :P

Martok

Great tune! 

More seriously, though, I hope they're not rushing the release on this one.  Last time I heard, Star Lords was still in alpha.  Granted, that was a month or two ago, but it's hard to not be at least a little concerned. 

On the other hand, I'm glad to see Iceberg is the publisher.  They've got a definite track record with 4x games (mostly good). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

hurryover

Good to here. It's good to see somebody else getting business.

RedArgo

I felt the last version I played was pretty blah.  The ship design wasn't really there and the tactical combat wasn't fleshed out, at least I hope not.  The screen shots look good though so they've clearly done a lot since then.

tgb

I haven't played in months.  Perhaps I should download the latest build to see what it's like.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Martok on August 12, 2013, 12:02:42 PM
On the other hand, I'm glad to see Iceberg is the publisher.

Me too.  I like those guys.  This one's definitely going on The List.  I like the promise of an AI which doesn't cheat!

Anguille

I have different games from Iceberg...i like their policy (no drm whenever they can, at least until now).