Main Menu

Civil War II

Started by MengJiao, June 17, 2013, 12:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Oh my.  I shouldn't have told you I have that game.  AGEOD and I agreed to keep that quiet.   ;D

What I meant obviously was Birth of America 2. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

LongBlade

I would have liked to have seen Birth of the Federation 2, also.

Tease!  >:(
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Tuna

Quote from: TheCommandTent on June 18, 2013, 07:13:26 AM
Quote from: Tuna on June 18, 2013, 06:00:50 AM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on June 17, 2013, 09:37:20 PM
Quote from: Tuna on June 17, 2013, 06:47:14 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on June 17, 2013, 06:02:28 PM
Looks very interesting.  I haven't played any AGEOD games so this might be my first.

AGEOD civil war is one of my favorites!

Could you expound on that?

To me, it just had a better immersion factor than FoF (which I still really liked) and GG WbtS (Which I couldn't get into even though I wanted to)

You had to 'worry' about your troops in the winter months. You had to pay attention to your supply lines. You had plan your Armies organization .. I love the music, it really puts you in the era.

You are making it sound so very tempting especially since I enjoyed FoF so much.  How is the learning curve if I've never played a AGEOD game before?

Tent, if you want to get into this game.. These are an excellent set of videos!

Martok

Quote from: W8taminute on June 19, 2013, 06:55:02 AM
Oh my.  I shouldn't have told you I have that game.  AGEOD and I agreed to keep that quiet.   ;D
Don't make me come over there!  ;) 

Quote from: W8taminute on June 19, 2013, 06:55:02 AM
What I meant obviously was Birth of America 2.
I figured.  :) 

That reminds me, I've gotta reinstall that one (BOA2).  It always looked like fun, but I didn't do more than tinker around with it on my old rig. 

Quote from: LongBlade on June 19, 2013, 08:25:38 AM
I would have liked to have seen Birth of the Federation 2, also.

Tease!  >:(
Did you ever play the original?  Or was your curiosity about a sequel stirred simply by my yammering about it all the damn time?  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

spelk

Quote from: Tuna on June 19, 2013, 11:57:52 AM

Thanks for that Tuna, much appreciated! It's a real opportunity to follow someone into a full campaign game of ACW and step by step go through the decision processes, all the while sightseeing the game mechanics.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: spelk on June 20, 2013, 05:17:22 AM

Thanks for that Tuna, much appreciated! It's a real opportunity to follow someone into a full campaign game of ACW and step by step go through the decision processes, all the while sightseeing the game mechanics.

Agreed.  Now to find the time to watch it :)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Tuna

Quote from: TheCommandTent on June 20, 2013, 07:28:19 AM
Quote from: spelk on June 20, 2013, 05:17:22 AM
Tent, if you want to get into this game.. These are an excellent set of videos

Agreed.  Now to find the time to watch it :)

It's long, but well worth it! But really, you see what you really need to learn in the early stages.

TheCommandTent

A few of screenshots and links to some YouTube videos was just posted today over at Slitherine.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=43941

See the rest at the link above.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Wolfe1759

It might just be me but the map and UI graphics look very bland when compared to AACW. Not much character to the map, the unit "stands" on the map use the PoN style which whilst very useable lack a more period feel the AACW ones had and in the general interface I miss the wood, iron and chalkboard look of the original it now looks shiny steel, very generic and again bland.

On first sight I'd assumed the graphics were Alpha / early Beta state but as the release is just over a month or so away this would seem unlikely, hope I'm wrong.

EDIT - Just popped over to the AGEOD forum and there have been similar reactions over there, PhilThib posted this reply "This screenshot is totally inaccurate...it's a mockup design used long long ago..." no sign of any more up to date screenshots at this stage however.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill