Main Menu

The Few

Started by Nefaro, June 25, 2013, 10:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Looks like this is now officially released (?) because it just popped up on Gamersgate for $7.99.

I think I'll check it out sometime, despite looking to be a more simplistic tablet-capable strategy game.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-FEW/the-few

W8taminute

Looks interesting.  Just wish you could play as either side in the campaign. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

steve58

^agreed.  Hopefully this
We still plan to add gadzillion things to the game, but guess what? All the upgrades and future dlc's will be totally FREE for everybody who would buy the game. (do I have to mention we're NOT planning to add any kind of micro-transations there?)
The Few comes with auto-upgrading system (It will ask you nicely if you want to download and install new versions).

means that will happen eventually.  For $8, I think I'll grab it in the next day or so...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JudgeDredd

I have to get this.

I was disappointed at letting Achtung! Spitfire get through my fingers - and this kind of reminds me of an old game my brother and I used to play in the 70s called Fighter Command http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/14187/fighter-command-game

It was simple and we loved it. We were only about 10 or so.
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

It is pretty simple. 

Tends to get quite repetitive at the moment.  Maybe they'll add some extra stuff in the future.

republic

This is a great find!  I'll keep my eye on this.

JudgeDredd

Well - it's only a fiver!

What am I going to lose? I spent much more on that for the simplistic Battlefield Academy and shelved it once the intriguing graphical look, interface and appeal wore off. (not that it's a bad game - just I found little there once the quirky "comic" graphics look wore off.
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 26, 2013, 01:57:55 AM
Well - it's only a fiver!

What am I going to lose? I spent much more on that for the simplistic Battlefield Academy and shelved it once the intriguing graphical look, interface and appeal wore off. (not that it's a bad game - just I found little there once the quirky "comic" graphics look wore off.

Was that the PC version or the tablet version of BA you played?

I'm sorry to say that The Few is less sophisticated than the PC version of Battlefield Academy.  Far less.

JudgeDredd

The PC version.

I haven't got my wallet out yet for The Few - maybe it should stay closed if it's that simple. Having said that, they do seem optimistic that other stuff will be added...and it is only £5 (trying to convince me - no-one else!)
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

It's fun. It's pretty simple but it is fun. I'm hoping for more down the road too.
It seems easy then you get a flight of 8 109's and 8 111's coming at you and its really tough.
Gets even tougher if they get through and flatten one of your landing strips.  :P

ArizonaTank

A great and fun little game!  Would love to see them use the engine for other similar subjects.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

I have had some success with building a cluster of airstrips protected by overlapping AA batteries.  Still the game is not easy.  I had a Aussie squadron get wiped out on the ground when a big raid got through.  My only consolation is I picked the entire formation apart before it could get back across the channel.

I would love to see them do other things with this engine.  Fly the Germans for one...  US Bombing campaign would be another.  WWI would work as well...thinking Bloody April.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

Staggerwing

^Zeppelin Raids!

I bought the game but have not installed it since I'm still unpacking from my move and have not set up my Windows box yet.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

steve58

OK, I finally fired this up, but can't get past the damn point in the "tutorial" where I'm supposed to add 4 planes to the supply chain.  Is the tutorial bugged?  I place a factory in the north and then select either the Spitfire or Hurricane and try to add 4 planes. No matter how many planes, I get "Can you count?  Order 4 planes"  >:(
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

ArizonaTank

I seem to recall having this problem, maybe you are accidentally ordering a group of eight planes (easy to do).  The button below the aircraft is split.  The single "+" is what you should be hitting, not the "+8". 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"