Heroes of the Pacific New Die & Counter Sheet Review

Started by Thrawn, December 06, 2014, 02:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrawn

We were asked if we had some pictures of how the new counter sheet design looked. These are test run counter sheet. As you can see the counters are not perfect but it does show the new rounded counters and the new counter layout looks. We are using a thicker chipboard. The caused a problem with the die cut machines we could use in the office not being able to cut through the counter sheet. The Lock n Load Designers have really enjoy the extra unit types.

So let us know what you think.

Thanks David

Thrawn

Hi 

I received a few emails concerned that there were the release edition of the counters for HOTP.  Let me first say I would not buy a game like this and I would not expect you either.  These were SAMPLE counter sheets that we rejected but some of you wanted to see the new layout and style. 

Some of you have asked why the space between the counters and its to stop the bleed of one counter to another and for the rounded edges and one nib on the top to hold the counters in place. The counters should come out nice and easy. The counters in the past have been .030 to .040 thickness. These will be .050 to .060 thickness.  We would NEVER send out counters like this. Because of the past issues is another reason we are printing many of the parts ourself. We also do all of our own checking and shrink wrapping of our games.

Sorry guys we didn't mean to leave you feeling these were the counters or with so many questions. This has been a long process and longer with everything that has been going on. If you still have any questions please let me know and thanks for the feedback.

David