Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Then August 22, all four of us are going to see Def Leppard! I've not seen them in concert, yet.

Not sure I'm a big fan of their latest album, but it looks like their set list is going to be pretty epic:

Let's Go/Def Leppard
Animal/Hysteria
Dangerous/Def Leppard
Foolin'/Pyromania
Love Bites/Hysteria
Armageddon It/Hysteria
Rick Savage Bass Solo/Rock On / YEAH!
Rocket (Single Version)/Hysteria
Bringin' On The Heartbreak (electric)/High 'n' Dry
Switch 625 (Instrumental)/High 'n' Dry
Hysteria/Hysteria   
Let's Get Rocked/Adrenalize
Pour Some Sugar On Me/Hysteria
Rock Of Ages/Pyromania
Photograph/Pyromania
Let It Go/High 'n' Dry

Also with them is REO Speedwagon.

If the setlist can be believed, here's what they might play:

Don't Let Him Go
Take It on the Run
Keep Pushin'
Can't Fight This Feeling
Tough Guys
Time for Me to Fly
Back on the Road Again
Ridin' the Storm Out
Keep On Loving You
Roll With the Changes

Sounds like a set list for the Yacht Rock channel on Sirius-XM, but hey, REO Speedwagon. Interesting that 3 of the original 5 are still touring, including Cronin, the lead singer.

Tesla rounds out the group as well. I'm not a big fan of them; some of their songs are okay. "Rock Me To The Top" and "Edison's Medicine," I've always kind of liked; "Heaven's Trail," "Modern Day Cowboy," and "Signs" were way, way, way, way, WAY overplayed on the radio and I'm sick of all three of them even to this day. I don't deny that Heaven's Trail is a pretty good song, but meh.

Rock Me to the Top
Edison's Medicine (Man Out of Time)
Heaven's Trail (No Way Out)
Signs (Five Man Electrical Band cover)
Love Song
Little Suzi (Ph.D. cover)
Modern Day Cowboy

"Rock Me To The Top" is a song I am okay with. But the others...I dunno.

MetalDog

My GF wants to go see that show.  I've seen Tesla before and probably like them a little more than you, but, Def Leppard is the very definition of cheese and REO Speedwagon seemed like an old man's band back in the 80's.  Can't imagine how much older they seem now.  Enjoy the show!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

There are so many better Tesla tunes like Yesterdaze Gone, and Paradise.  I can't stand Heaven's Trail

I wish REO Speedwagon would bring back I Do' Wanna Know - killer guitar riffs on that one

Would like to see Run Riot and/or Lady Strange from Def Leppard, but overall sounds like a good show.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Arctic Blast

Going to be hopping on the nostalgia wagon this Friday. Big Wreck is playing Leduc's Canada Day stage. A few years back it was 54-40 and Glass Tiger. We seem to keep scoring old bands.

A bunch of buddies are coming down and we'll head over and spend an hour re-living our youth before fireworks start and we continue getting drunk.  >:D

Nefaro

In the mood for some more old 'Murican punk lately.   >:D

I enjoy the formative bar-sized shows far more than the amphitheater shit..

Nefaro

bayonetbrant

admit it, you loooooooooooove this

[yt]https://youtu.be/S5K4Py1L7mc[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 23, 2016, 04:55:09 PM
admit it, you loooooooooooove this

[yt]https://youtu.be/S5K4Py1L7mc[/yt]

Yeah! Updated Jim Carroll segue FTW!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

BanzaiCat

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

I had this tune on a mix tape for about11 years before I ever found out who it was, b/c it's not Ted's usual vocals, and the guitar solo/riffs don't scream "Ted Nugent" to anyone...

[yt]https://youtu.be/ItTJR7ViVdo[/yt]

ah yes, life before Spotify and Shazam :-\

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.