Main Menu

FRI-FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, July 17, 2020, 06:23:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

I've been putting a lot of hours into 7 Days to Die Alpha 19. I'm 60+ hours into this build, there's a lot to like. They slowed experience gain, redid the perk system[again], redid the books[again], and pretty much limited the chance of getting a real good gun early, so it's blunderbusses[which are pretty effective now up close], and perhaps a level 1 double barrel if your lucky and maybe ......maybe a level 1 handgun.....no more early toilet handguns. Ammo however, is abundant, i was rolling in all kinds of ammo early. I played with the 7 day horde for the first two then turned it off. Before day 50 i had access to all weapons and vehicles. With the experience slow down i've still got a lot of the perk tree to open, it's really better to focus then spread your points around to much. i'm actually farther along with collecting the books, i'd say i'm 2/3 throw getting them all. Always look for a book store early, just not the skyscraper headquarters, you need firepower to go through that one. The reward for doing trader quests actually are worth it early, good rewards.Traders are now in towns and cities, so no going over the country side looking for one. Think overall they made the game easier for new comers. So there will be some 7 Days to Die this weekend.

I received my alpha key for my first and only kickstarter game. Prodeus, a retro FPS in the vein of the early Doom games, sorta. Can't post any screen or vids yet but the level design is real good and the music is done by Andrew Hulshult so its fitting to topic. Think there's 5 or 6 levels in the Alpha access, i've only played two so far. The guns could use more punch and the enemies are a bit plodding so far, but it's early. So far the game speed isn't up to the doom level. The editor is really easy to use so hopefully the game takes off and has the legs of the early Doom games.

After putting a bunch of hours into Shadow Empire, i'm putting it down until Vic gets the logistic pull system where he wants it, so for my wargaming fix i'll probably throw in one of my new Tiller purchases.

Have a good weekend grogs
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Anguille

I continue to play:

Northgard: mission 8 and 9 for the weekend.

Also

Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece

and

Imperiums Greek Wars

Phantom

A light driving weekend for me - maybe some Assetto Corsa - very neat driving game but for me its the mods that make it - racing in 1937 or 1967 is a real challenge - the models of the cars & tracks are very good and make for great replays.

W8taminute

Been looking for Ghosts of Tsushima but it is completely sold out in my area brick and mortar stores. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

You still buy physical copies??

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Quote from: Anguille on July 18, 2020, 04:44:50 AM
I continue to play:

Also

and

Imperiums Greek Wars

Interesting. What are you playing on Hegemony? The Philip of Macedon campaign? Or the Peloponnesian Wars?
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on July 19, 2020, 02:34:06 PM

Indeed I do but only for my PlayStation games.  I love the smell of a newly opened copy of a game and the way they look displayed on my gaming book shelf.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: CJReich46 on July 19, 2020, 03:15:38 PM
I continue to play:

Also

and

Imperiums Greek Wars

Interesting. What are you playing on Hegemony? The Philip of Macedon campaign? Or the Peloponnesian Wars?
I am playing the Philip of Macedon Campaign right now. I will play the Peloponnesian wars later. Have you played the game a lot?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: W8taminute on July 20, 2020, 07:52:23 AM
Quote from: Gusington on July 19, 2020, 02:34:06 PM

Indeed I do but only for my PlayStation games.  I love the smell of a newly opened copy of a game and the way they look displayed on my gaming book shelf.   :)

I used to feel that way, but I gave up on that a long time ago, and my marriage is much happier as a result. So much less clutter around the house and no way to determine quantity of games actually purchased.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Philippe

Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Sir Slash

Happy Wife = Happy Gaming Life.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

CJReich46

Quote from: Anguille on July 21, 2020, 02:45:34 AM
Quote from: CJReich46 on July 19, 2020, 03:15:38 PM
I continue to play:

Also

and

Imperiums Greek Wars

I am playing the Philip of Macedon Campaign right now. I will play the Peloponnesian wars later. Have you played the game a lot?

I have. The Philip campaign is quite a challenge. Especially if you don't time your moves right. The Peloponnesian Wars is pretty interesting one part is you play as Athens, the other is as Sparta.  Best advice is to plan carefully.  Use the right troops for the job.

Anguille

Quote from: CJReich46 on July 21, 2020, 04:44:43 PM
I have. The Philip campaign is quite a challenge. Especially if you don't time your moves right. The Peloponnesian Wars is pretty interesting one part is you play as Athens, the other is as Sparta.  Best advice is to plan carefully.  Use the right troops for the job.
I am expanding slowly as new recruits Don't appear that fast and i want to consolidate as much as i can. Which troops are you referring to? Heavy Infantery?

CJReich46

Quote from: Anguille on July 22, 2020, 07:42:38 AM
Quote from: CJReich46 on July 21, 2020, 04:44:43 PM
I am expanding slowly as new recruits Don't appear that fast and i want to consolidate as much as i can. Which troops are you referring to? Heavy Infantery?

What I mean is the right troops for battles. Don't use the Hypaspists (heavy infantry you get at Aegea) for field battle. They're excellent in sieges. Don't use your Phalanx troops for sieges. If you do it right you can use the Companions, The Hypaspists, a few peltast troops and of course the catapults you get are all you need for sieges.

I might have to download it and reinstall for old time's sake. ;)