Main Menu

Recent posts

Computer Gaming / Re: Epic?
Last post by rss334 - Today at 11:51:48 AM
Quote from: steve58 on Today at 10:05:13 AMCurrent freebie:  Orcs Must Die! 3

Thanks I picked this one up.  Have to admit though I have never and probably will never buy a game on the epic store or GOG simply because I don't want another place outside steam to have to look through my library of un-played games.  I assume their strategy though was to get people using the platform with the free games and people would start to buy from the store .... Did it work on any of you?

Again nothing wrong with epic or gog, I use unreal engine and buy marketplace items so I'm not against epic rather like I said it's just a convenience thing for my games.
Computer Gaming / Re: Political Machine 2024
Last post by rss334 - Today at 11:45:58 AM
I don't mind the cartoon graphics too much.  I think about games like "The Political Machine" and  if that game had any graphics we would never have a need for any other political game as that one pretty much covers it all but is dry as hell to play due to the lack of graphics.  I do agree with you though the cartoon character make it look like a non-serious game.  Does not look like anyone reviewed it as of yet, so to be seen I guess how good the core gameplay is.   
Last post by Grim.Reaper - Today at 10:57:17 AM
Quote from: rss334 on Today at 10:49:15 AMHave on my wishlist but would have to see overwhelming positive reviews to want to buy.  My fear was they focused too much on the cartoon graphics and not enough on core mechanics and options.

That's always the concern with this series, although they claim and detailed simulation engine under the cartoons.  No idea why they ever thought those graphics would be best to try and sell this as a serious campaign engine.  Regardless, pretty cheap so I will likely pick up at some point, there is others out there but I find them too overwhelming and too dry.
Computer Gaming / Re: Steam Spring Sale
Last post by rss334 - Today at 10:54:12 AM
Great Houses of Calderia released out of EA today.   Someone here in this forum recommended it as a possible game that fit criteria for my original post.   I ended up buying it but was not a fan of the battle system and felt it was a little too repetitious. I'm still happy with my purchase though and will probably give it another run now as there were still things I left undiscovered.   

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1812910
Last post by rss334 - Today at 10:49:15 AM
Have on my wishlist but would have to see overwhelming positive reviews to want to buy.  My fear was they focused too much on the cartoon graphics and not enough on core mechanics and options.
Computer Gaming / Political Machine 2024
Last post by Grim.Reaper - Today at 10:40:56 AM
New version released today for $19.99....I know some people enjoy playing these types of games, especially in election year.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2512090/The_Political_Machine_2024/
Computer Gaming / Re: Epic?
Last post by steve58 - Today at 10:05:13 AM
Current freebie:  Orcs Must Die! 3
Computer Gaming / Re: Kerbal Space Program 2
Last post by Pete Dero - Today at 10:04:09 AM
Computer Gaming / Re: Sins Of a Solar Empire 2
Last post by Grim.Reaper - Today at 09:58:46 AM
Quote from: Destraex on Today at 08:09:45 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on Today at 04:35:37 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on Yesterday at 09:54:52 AM...and let me guess...it will include some kind of an update that will not be provided to those who bought early access on Epic. Stardock and Wardell screwed everyone over like this with Gal Civ IV.

I thought I read on steam one of the developers indicate people who bought on epic prior to the release announcement yesterday would 99% likely get a steam key.  Of course, he didn't say 100%:)
That would be amazing, but hard to believe given the whole point of Epic funding development so people to use their platform. I guess Epic could not stop them but I assume it would be against the spirit of the agreement. Besides, how would they distribute the keys? I guess by linking your epic account to sins website directly.

This wouldn't be the first time a game was on a different platform (or moved to Steam) and then keys were given out for Steam so don't suspect it's a problem, although could be work on their end.  All I can say is a developer within the Steam forum stated it was their goal to provide the keys to people who bought prior to May 1st and was 99% sure it would happen.  Guess we will see.
Computer Gaming / Re: Kerbal Space Program 2
Last post by steve58 - Today at 09:57:45 AM
:facepalm_picard: