Main Menu

That Was Fun

Started by TheCommandTent, August 05, 2013, 10:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

I finally finished Far Cry 3.  Yes I know it has been out for a while but I took it nice and slow.  The actual ending didn't do much for me even though I played through both options.  It was seem kind of anti climatic.

***********************spoilers below ********************************

However, I have to say the last fight scene when escape the airfield was the most fun I've had in a FPS in a long time.  Especially once you are in the chopper and Ride of Valkyries is playing while you are just shooting everything with a .50 and everything is blowing up.  Also the dialogue was funny but the music really made it.   It was completely ridiculous but absolutely entertaining to play!   
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

ArizonaTank

I just bought recently during the summer sale.  So am getting through it now.  While generally I like it...I hate some of the "roller coaster" pretend interactive missions...you know the ones where you have to "mash" the space bar fast enough to win the knife fight.  Or hit alternating mouse buttons when prompted to get out of the collapsing cave.  I would rate the game much higher if it wasn't for these mind numbing missions.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Darkspire

Having the same fun since I found Xpadder which allows me to play Grand Theft Auto San Andreas with a 360 pad. There is one of the earlier missions that is very much the same as you describe, only I am on the back of a bike with a machine gun and all hell is breaking loose, even the truck off the bridge from Terminator 2 was thrown in, bikes and cars are exploding all over the place with witty dialogue (18+) thrown in. Best thing is there are moments like that all through the game, the radio stations even report what has happened recently in the missions which is pretty immersive, shame that the structure for the radio has not been used in any of the later GTA games.

Darkspire
Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.