Combat Mission Black Sea: No Bridge? No Problem!

Started by jomni, February 17, 2015, 09:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

This is an AAR of the 3rd mission of the Russian Campaign in Combat Mission Black Sea.  The objective is to cross the river, secure the beaches, secure the flanks, and capture the farms on the plateau.  This will eventually allow the rest of the Russian forces to cross the river unhindered.

The battle plan is as follows:
2 Company Tactical Group secures the beaches and move on to capture Farm Alpha, Farm Bravo, and Farm Charlie
1 Company Tactical Group will land near the Summer Cottages and proceed to Flank Guard Yankee and Flank Guard Zulu.  They will then send some troops to support 2 Company Tactical Group in securing the farms.
Only the mechanized infantry formations above are able to cross the river with their amphibious BMP-3's.  The tanks, which cannot cross the river, will provided long range fire support together with the spotters and air controllers.

Read the whole AAR here.
http://jomnisgames.blogspot.com/2015/02/combat-mission-black-sea-no-bridge-no.html

JasonPratt

Sweet!

It incidentally reminded me of the most recent episode I watched of Legend of the Galactic Heroes, where a subtly clever strategy by one navy left the armor and infantry of their enemy going to war for supplies with the farmers the opponent infantry had just been helping replant fields with. (Watching the tanks trample down the fields while firing long-range support on the farms...  :'( )

But good AAR. :)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Great AAR Jomni and congrats on the victory. Just wondering, in Black Sea, when a vehicle gets killed mid-river, what happens to the crew and soldiers inside? Are they able to get to land somehow or are they automatic KIA's?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jomni

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 18, 2015, 10:47:01 AM
Great AAR Jomni and congrats on the victory. Just wondering, in Black Sea, when a vehicle gets killed mid-river, what happens to the crew and soldiers inside? Are they able to get to land somehow or are they automatic KIA's?

They die.  But they can swim if near the shore if I'm not mistaken but I'm not 100% sure.

Sir Slash

Bummer. In Russia, you no cross river. River crosses you!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.