What are we reading?

Started by Martok, March 05, 2012, 01:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I thought the 'Blue Light' meant it was on sale at K-Mart. I know the Green Light means it was assembled in America and is about to fall-apart. Get ready to spend some 'Green'.  #:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Windigo

Not sure who built the Subaru, other than the label indicates its Japanese
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

^ that's what it said on the engine block of my 78 Subaru Brat.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

The spare tire was under the hood, over the air-cleaner cover. Unusual for then and probably now as well.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

Fuji also made this for the Japanese Air *ahem* 'Self Defense' Force...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Where's the spare tire on that one?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Spare is under the nose, of course.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 21, 2016, 07:27:16 PM
Finally started Honor Harrington Book 2 last night.

I've been reading it on my Kindle App. Good stuff.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

As an update, the 3rd Missing 411 so far (about 1/3 into it) features only new or newly discovered cases, not repeats from the first two volumes -- although naturally parallels with certain cases in the first two volumes are discussed.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

Just started Death of Kings, the 8th novel in Cornwell's Saxon Chronicles.  It's the first book in the series I've not yet read, so am entering uncharted territory. 

Also:  I realized I'll be able to pick up book 10 (The Flame Bearer) before I finish book 9 after all.  Huzzah! 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

Started Dutch New York: The Roots of Hudson Valley Culture, edited by Roger Panetta - a companion book to the 2009 art exhibit celebrating the 400th anniversary of Henry Hudson's discoveries.

After that it will be Revolution on the Hudson: New York City & the Hudson River Valley in the American War of Independence by George Daughan.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd