Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Started by OJsDad, January 23, 2017, 11:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Jar Jar the begninng of the end or was it the Ewoks?

Gusington

Definitely the Ewoks. Damn I've been screwed since I was 9. Pass the beer.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on March 31, 2018, 05:58:14 PM
There is no damned way the prequels are better than the sequels.

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

:hide:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Gusington on March 31, 2018, 05:58:14 PM
There is no damned way the prequels are better than the sequels.

I honestly think they are.  Despite their many flaws, at least they were dense, world-building and had some character, none of which can be said about the new films.  I'll take I-III over VII-VIII any day.  Although obviously the original trilogy remains the best films in this increasingly silly saga.

Sir Slash

I heard Disney just bought the Mona Lisa. They want to add a pair of glasses and a cigarette in one hand to the painting. And a hand since none are already included. After that they plan on adding a new body part every year for the next 5 years. And...... Mouse Ears.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jamus34

I heard they want to exhume Walt's corpse so they can piss on the remains.
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

That thumbnail gives a clue what she's (adorably) trolling about.

(The snakes are far more subtle.)

Relevant comment:
QuoteDarth Jenny
definitely just
destroyed Jedi
drama junkies
deficient judgments.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Sir Slash

Six out of the 10 stuffed snakes in bed with her have higher IQ's than she does.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

She likes playing dumb, as a sardonic joke, but she's usually pretty incisive.

I don't understand her derogatory dismissal of complaints about TLJ (complaints which she is satirizing here) -- she's definitely smart enough to realize the gist of the complaints, and it isn't like she's married to SJWish cultural pushes -- but since I usually post critique videos I wanted to play fair on the other side, and she's entertaining.  O0

Gusington

Dudes...DUDES...

...maybe...MAYBE...Revenge of the Sith may edge out the newer films. I have not formed a solid opinion yet on The Last Jedi. But I definitely don't hate it.

I am pretty close to hating I & II.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Phantom Menace sucks pretty much every kind of ball that there is but Last Jedi is as bad, if not worse.  The prequels were bad but at least they got better as they progressed to the point where Sith isn't all that bad if you ignore a few cringey scenes.

Force Awakens was pretty bleh.  Last Jedi compares unfavourably to The Christmas Special and, based on the noise coming from Disney, it sounds like the downward trend is set to continue. 

At least Rogue One was pretty good.....

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 02, 2018, 06:03:30 PM
Last Jedi compares unfavourably to The Christmas Special and...

I wouldn't go that far. The fx were okay in TLJ. I have decided to fight people on TLJ having the best FX in the series so far, however. The FX are entirely up to par, but there are relatively few 'settings' for the fx compared to any other Star Wars film I can name.

So yep, the prequels beat it on that, too. MEANINGFUL DIVERSITY, HO!

Gusington

:2funny: HAHA the Christmas Special!!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd