Nurse kills herself after a prank call

Started by Boggit, December 12, 2012, 08:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

The station is being investigated by the Australian equivalent of the FCC. Apparently they may have violated Australian law by broadcasting the call without the consent of those at the hospital who were recorded.

http://www.eonline.com/news/371102/australian-radio-station-behind-kate-middleton-prank-call-under-investigation
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

Quote from: mirth on December 13, 2012, 01:04:56 PM
The station is being investigated by the Australian equivalent of the FCC. Apparently they may have violated Australian law by broadcasting the call without the consent of those at the hospital who were recorded.

http://www.eonline.com/news/371102/australian-radio-station-behind-kate-middleton-prank-call-under-investigation

I guess we'd better shut down half the radio stations in the country as I can't imagine most prankees approve of the joke.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Martok

A tragic story all around.  I still don't understand why she hung herself, though; while the prank call may have been the proverbial tipping point, I highly doubt it was that alone that drove to commit suicide. 

Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 13, 2012, 02:39:25 AM

Quote from: GDS_StarfuryI dont think the radio hosts should be cancelled or get sued.

Agreed. As sad as the outcome of the story turned out to be, I think it's a bit odd to be laying it all at the feet of the two of them.
Also agreed.  The call was perhaps in poor taste, but certainly the DJ's had no malicious intent.  I feel bad for all the hate of which they're currently the object. 

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 13, 2012, 04:12:43 AM
dude!!!
this chick hasnt killed herself.
no one else has an excuse.

She looks familiar.  Doesn't/didn't she have a video on YouTube where she plays (is?) some psycho-chick? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Pining

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 13, 2012, 01:01:49 PM
theyve been cancelled and are currently in hiding amid a flurry of hate mails and tweets

UK police have flown out to start the investigation - this puzzles me, i didnt think prank calls were illegal

Prank calls aren't illegal. A lot of media have an understanding on how to behave in doing them. If this is breached, it can cause issues for the station.

The investigation currently underway in England, is a coroner's report which aims to establish why the person died. Nothing more.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 13, 2012, 04:12:43 AM
dude!!!
this chick hasnt killed herself.
no one else has an excuse.

That's cuz she is already a zombie.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Martok

That picture of her scares the crap out of me, by the way. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Martok on December 14, 2012, 10:10:43 AM
That picture of her scares the crap out of me, by the way.

I made the mistake of watching a couple of her videos, her eyes will now haunt my dreams... :-\
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

GDS_Starfury

we've all known that chick at least once.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Longdan

digni enim sunt interdicunt

undercovergeek

i watched a stand up comedian on tv the other night and he said something i have found to be very true - if you find the girl that is amazing in bed, will do anything and have anything done to them its great, EXCEPT THEYRE F****** MENTAL!!!!!!

Longdan

digni enim sunt interdicunt

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat