Florida Makes Star Happy

Started by Longdan, February 14, 2013, 12:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longdan

This should please Star by putting a crimp on Octogenarion Kannokistani Snowbird drivers
playing bumper cars around Florida.  Is driving ability the first thing that goes?

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/florida-licence-rule-change-catches-canadians-off-guard-154710846.html
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Staggerwing

Quote from: Longdan on February 14, 2013, 12:19:03 PM
This should please Star by putting a crimp on Octogenarion Kannokistani Snowbird drivers
playing bumper cars around Florida.  Is driving ability the first thing that goes?

Was there supposed to be an article linked to or something? Otherwise it seems a bit out of context
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Longdan

Thanks Staggerwing I coulda sworn I had the link in there.  It is now.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Boggit

The IDP costs $25 and can be obtained through CAA offices. Canadians currently in Florida can apply for one through the mail.

One way of reducing the State deficit, I suppose... ::)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Barthheart

Quote from: Boggit on February 26, 2013, 01:11:26 PM
The IDP costs $25 and can be obtained through CAA offices. Canadians currently in Florida can apply for one through the mail.

The fee doesn't go to Florida...

Also, the law has been deemed to be too restrictive, especially where Canadians are concerned, so law makers have told the police not to inforce it until they can re-write it.

Boggit

Quote from: Barthheart on February 26, 2013, 01:28:50 PM
Quote from: Boggit on February 26, 2013, 01:11:26 PM

The fee doesn't go to Florida...

Also, the law has been deemed to be too restrictive, especially where Canadians are concerned, so law makers have told the police not to inforce it until they can re-write it.
Who gets the fee then?

Wouldn't it be more sensible to have not brought the statute into force in the first place, fudge enforcement and then amend it?

For the avoidance of doubt if it is in force, then perhaps it would be better to repeal it? Get it off the statute book, so there is no ambiguity as to whether a crime is committed and then legislate with regard to concerns?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat