Independence Day 2 Resurgence

Started by OJsDad, December 13, 2015, 09:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 15, 2015, 06:39:47 AM
I dunno...bigger things, louder noises, and what looks like more cheese doesn't necessarily make a better movie. I'm sure I'll be seeing it but I'm not feeling the enthusiasm you guys are.  :-\

With ya.

While the original was worth watching, I thought it's popularity was overblown.  Overblown cheesery.

BanzaiCat

I liked that they nuked Houston in the first one. :)

Sir Slash

Fichtner can't be as Loggia as Loggia was. Wasn't he in Mars Attacks too? Now that was some real Cheese.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Fichtner can out-Logia Logia, given the opportunity. He kicked John McClane's Die Hard ass fairly decisively up to literally the last minute (even winning the final boss fight!); has been President of the Marvel Universe United States; and played Death.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

But can he look into the camera and say with a straight face that the President of the United States is going to lead an airstrike on an alien mothership?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

He can hang from a deactivated Iron Patriot armor with a straight face. Advantage: Fichtner.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

But did Fichtner ever save the world by sacrificing himself in order to destroy, "The Lost Missle" in 1958? I thought not.  :P

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 15, 2015, 11:56:37 AM

Or when can a Macbook download a virus to an advanced alien computer system and decimate their entire network?

BECAUSE SHUT UP, THAT'S WHY!  :uglystupid2:

20 years later, and the aliens are back...and this time they've installed Norton 360!

Staggerwing

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on January 04, 2016, 01:26:59 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 15, 2015, 11:56:37 AM

Or when can a Macbook download a virus to an advanced alien computer system and decimate their entire network?

BECAUSE SHUT UP, THAT'S WHY!  :uglystupid2:

20 years later, and the aliens are back...and this time they've installed Norton 360!

So this time their superior technology will be choked to a standstill by runaway background processes?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 16, 2015, 12:00:55 AM
Fichtner can't be as Loggia as Loggia was. Wasn't he in Mars Attacks too? Now that was some real Cheese.

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Nefaro

Mars Attacks! was okay.. because it was intentionally cheesy. 

Independence Day just squeezed out the cheese on occasion, thinking it was being serious.  Bill Pullman's speech should've been left alone and forgotten as just another small bit of the film, but it got replayed so much I now instinctively roll my eyes when I hear it.  ::) 

That extra overkill, along with other examples such as giving it the nickname "ID4", just made it even cheesier.  Even my inner nerd wanted to bully the gushing Independence Day fanboy nerds.  ;D

Gusington

"20 years later, and the aliens are back...and this time they've installed Norton 360!"

:coolsmiley:

:2funny:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Nefaro on January 05, 2016, 07:22:08 AM
Mars Attacks! was okay.. because it was intentionally cheesy. 

Independence Day just squeezed out the cheese on occasion, thinking it was being serious.  Bill Pullman's speech should've been left alone and forgotten as just another small bit of the film, but it got replayed so much I now instinctively roll my eyes when I hear it.  ::) 

That extra overkill, along with other examples such as giving it the nickname "ID4", just made it even cheesier.  Even my inner nerd wanted to bully the gushing Independence Day fanboy nerds.  ;D

Let's not forget Judd Hirsch's portrayal of the most obnoxiously cliché Jew in history. Never has a less subtle performance been seen.