Fog:Emp multiplayer 2 -- BARBARIANS ARISE (game 2 running)

Started by JasonPratt, September 15, 2019, 02:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JasonPratt

Just played my turn (again).

Watch out, Blucher! -- the Seluks are pushing south into Arabia, and I've got to scramble to give myself one buffer region between them and my capital!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Barthheart

Tuna

Speedy

Huw the Poo

Questions:

1. Am I misunderstanding something or is the choice of buildings really random?
2. Am I misunderstanding something or are my objectives decided randomly?  I have no input?
3. How do I heal hits on my units?

Barthheart

1. Yes... I think.

2. Yes... All of mine are in your territory....   #:-)

3. Don't move your units and they regain strength over a few turns.

Huw the Poo

Yeah I've got one in your territory as well.  After we allied.  This game makes no sense at all.

Thanks mate.

Tuna

Quote from: Barthheart on November 06, 2019, 03:29:13 PM
1. Yes... I think.

2. Yes... All of mine are in your territory....   #:-)

3. Don't move your units and they regain strength over a few turns.

3 I believe you need to move your units into a region where the people 'like' you, i.e. 51% or higher.

Also be very careful in the early game, not to leave your army if it's a certain size in a region that cannot support it food wise. You can hold your mouse over the regions to see how much food will be available, then hold your mouse over your army to see how much it needs. Move it into a region where it will be supported food wise.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 06, 2019, 02:27:20 PM
Questions:

1. Am I misunderstanding something or is the choice of buildings really random?
2. Am I misunderstanding something or are my objectives decided randomly?  I have no input?
3. How do I heal hits on my units?

1. The choice of buildings is semi-random, in the sense that you aren't going to get a chance to make properties that depend upon other properties; and in some cases there are special properties for certain factions or regions, or not for some regions. Otherwise yes, it's random. This is why there's a special button at the bottom of the current properties which, if selected, allows a reshuffle -- but it costs infrastructure, which may require some turns based on your current infrastructure capabilities including assigned workers! (Just like a real property.)

2.) In my experience, my objectives have never or rarely ever been random, whether I've played as Rhaetia or as Saba. They show up on the dot at pre-assigned times in a pre-assigned order. This gets affected by taking a region before you get assigned it as an objective; and also only three or four objectives will be active at any time (at least for nations of the size I prefer to play) so further objectives assignments will be delayed by proportion. I've had a lot of restarts. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

In addition to prior answers on 3.), I'm unsure if casualties take manpower to heal, but I suspect they do.

Certainly, if you lack accrued manpower, and aren't generating enough per turn, your units will take damage (representing the inability to bring the unit back up to full combat numbers from normal non-combat losses per year, possibly inflated if out of supply.)

Tuna

Remember, if anyone is 'last', that means when they go to do their turn, they can immediately do their next turn after that.

Huw the Poo

Bloody hell it costs infrastructure to shuffle the building choices as well?  I thought it was bad enough that you had to miss a turn of building!  ::)

Thanks for the excellent info Jason.  I need all the help I can get with this silly game.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 07, 2019, 06:51:30 PM
In addition to prior answers on 3.), I'm unsure if casualties take manpower to heal, but I suspect they do.

You were spot on here, Jason - it does take manpower to heal a unit.