Main Menu

War of the Zombie

Started by Jarhead0331, April 05, 2018, 11:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Zulu1966

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 05, 2018, 11:48:30 AM
This was a rather good mobile title that seems to have made its way over to PC. I think I'm going to get it.

You basically control some supercarrier that you use to travel around the globe fighting a zombie outbreak. To do this, you buy vehicles, recruit soldiers, scientists, medics, etc., buy gear and equipment, research better technologies, etc. However, not all nations will cooperate with your efforts, so you often times have to fight government forces, as well.

You basically deploy your troops into relatively quick battles where the mission is to clear the area of zombies, rescue VIPs, recover important gear/equipment, etc. its a pretty neat idea and I look forward to being able to control things with a keyboard and mouse over the touch controls that could sometimes be cumbersome on an ipad.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/828660/War_Of_The_Zombie/

So having resolutely promised to myself to buy no more games for a month in an attempt to at least look at some 9f the others I have now resolutely promised myself that I will be adding this to my library tonight.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Gusington

Well done. And it's only 12.99. No big whup.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Probably will this weekend.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

Are you interested in it?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GeneralHawk

haha me too,just bought it!

Quote from: Zulu1966 on April 06, 2018, 01:19:51 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 05, 2018, 11:48:30 AM
This was a rather good mobile title that seems to have made its way over to PC. I think I'm going to get it.

You basically control some supercarrier that you use to travel around the globe fighting a zombie outbreak. To do this, you buy vehicles, recruit soldiers, scientists, medics, etc., buy gear and equipment, research better technologies, etc. However, not all nations will cooperate with your efforts, so you often times have to fight government forces, as well.

You basically deploy your troops into relatively quick battles where the mission is to clear the area of zombies, rescue VIPs, recover important gear/equipment, etc. its a pretty neat idea and I look forward to being able to control things with a keyboard and mouse over the touch controls that could sometimes be cumbersome on an ipad.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/828660/War_Of_The_Zombie/

So having resolutely promised to myself to buy no more games for a month in an attempt to at least look at some 9f the others I have now resolutely promised myself that I will be adding this to my library tonight.
Gundog for life
D Co 2-35 IN
3 BDE 25th ID
OEF/OIF

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on April 06, 2018, 08:13:50 AM
Are you interested in it?

Somewhat. I'm not really into zombie stuff, but the game looks cool and it's reasonably priced.

Barthheart

:D
This is great fun on my iPad and was always hoping for a PC port. Instant buy.  O0

DoctorQuest

That carrier is sick, dude...

Looks like fun. I agree with folks on the touchscreen vs. mouse though. I really noticed a difference with Atlantic Fleet. A touchscreen is not the best interface for some games.

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

FarAway Sooner

Until further notice, I'm calling this game X-ZOM.  Seems like a very cool concept.

Has anybody bought it?  I'd love to see an AAR or just some game play impressions.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on April 06, 2018, 11:31:37 AM
Until further notice, I'm calling this game X-ZOM.  Seems like a very cool concept.

Has anybody bought it?  I'd love to see an AAR or just some game play impressions.

I got it. Will dick around over the weekend.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Skwerl

JH,

Thanks for the tip (as usual!).  I just picked this up.  I haven't played it yet, but the premise reminds me of an interesting older game called Atom Zombie Smashers.

I may slide out of the office a bit early today so that I can give this a spin.

Gusington

I called it X-Zom upthread! MINE

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd