Second Front (in Development)

Started by Jo B, August 13, 2019, 03:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geezer

No idea, but you could try the SF Discord.  I'd bet you would get an answer there.

PS - I posted the question there.  Stay tuned...
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Geezer on February 03, 2023, 07:21:52 AMNo idea, but you could try the SF Discord.  I'd bet you would get an answer there.

Thanks, already posted here and Steam so will give this a shot first.  Not a big discord user.

Grim.Reaper

Developer responded on Steam that they plan to test out if the unlocks have to be done again if you reinstall the game...said they would post when they figured it out.  Initially said they think its the case (which I take as it has to be unlocked again) but I guess we will see.

Jo B

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 03, 2023, 07:27:26 AM
Quote from: Geezer on February 03, 2023, 07:21:52 AMNo idea, but you could try the SF Discord.  I'd bet you would get an answer there.

Thanks, already posted here and Steam so will give this a shot first.  Not a big discord user.
I am pretty sure you will win a town to far and recon by force on a first attempt. and you will need about one hour max for both. ((or 10 minutes for the farmhouse) with this you can instantly try the beachlandings. when you watch youtube videos by players which can not play SL etc. you will see how difficult this is for them. it is not unlocking one by one. not kind of long level by level thing.

Jo B

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 03, 2023, 08:18:49 AMDeveloper responded on Steam that they plan to test out if the unlocks have to be done again if you reinstall the game...said they would post when they figured it out.  Initially said they think its the case (which I take as it has to be unlocked again) but I guess we will see.
no , we are testing this now. and I think the unlocking is not deleteed on a reinstall . but to be sure we will test this extra for you now.

Jo B

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 03, 2023, 08:18:49 AMDeveloper responded on Steam that they plan to test out if the unlocks have to be done again if you reinstall the game...said they would post when they figured it out.  Initially said they think its the case (which I take as it has to be unlocked again) but I guess we will see.
and when this all is not enough, the I will add an exclusive button for you to unlock all. this button only you can see.
and use. ( not a joke)

edit: is done , will come with the patch

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jo B on February 03, 2023, 08:29:31 AM
and when this all is not enough, the I will add an exclusive button for you to unlock all. this button only you can see.
and use. ( not a joke)

Thanks for the response.  If you are truly being serious about including an "unlock all" button, I would take you up on it in a heart beat so sign me up immediately.  Although I suspect many of your other users would want it too, so hopefully can be just an option for everyone.  And that is potentially good news if a reinstall doesn't delete your progress, will be interested to hear your final results.

Grim.Reaper

Developer did respond on Steam to confirm your unlock progress will not be lost after a reinstall.  That is good news.

Geezer

Good news regarding not losing progress.  I bought the game and am going through the tutorials now.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Geezer on February 03, 2023, 08:42:48 AMGood news regarding not losing progress.  I bought the game and am going through the tutorials now.

Yep, although I suspect the progress would be lost if you change out computers.  I hope to get a new computer this year and suspect at that point I would have to go through them all again, unless the game is using steam cloud saves.  I guess I will worry about that in the future and maybe by then the "unlock all" button will be in the game:)

Thomas Davie

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 03, 2023, 08:50:32 AM
Quote from: Geezer on February 03, 2023, 08:42:48 AMGood news regarding not losing progress.  I bought the game and am going through the tutorials now.

Yep, although I suspect the progress would be lost if you change out computers.  I hope to get a new computer this year and suspect at that point I would have to go through them all again, unless the game is using steam cloud saves.  I guess I will worry about that in the future and maybe by then the "unlock all" button will be in the game:)

Nope Sir. If you use backup software, you can clone your entire hard drive - or only a portion. and restore/reinstall all or portions of what you have backed up. You'd need a spare portable hard drive and either commercial or share/freeware software. Can't help you with Windows, but I use Carbon Copy Cloner for the Mac (and can reach into and backup portions of my Windows install).

Tom

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Thomas Davie on February 03, 2023, 09:28:49 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 03, 2023, 08:50:32 AM

Nope Sir. If you use backup software, you can clone your entire hard drive - or only a portion. and restore/reinstall all or portions of what you have backed up. You'd need a spare portable hard drive and either commercial or share/freeware software. Can't help you with Windows, but I use Carbon Copy Cloner for the Mac (and can reach into and backup portions of my Windows install).

Tom

When I implement new computers, I start from scratch and selectively bring data over, not cloning.  Yes, I know it is possible to find the save folder and copy that for the game and would do that.  I have asked the developer where that location is.  That is assuming the "unlock" config is in one of those files accessible by us versus in the windows registry or something like that.

Jo B

the unlock will button will only show up to people which can properly spell snugiewoofer

acctingman

Does this mean, after the next patch, you can unlock all the scenarios now?

Jo B

Quote from: acctingman on February 03, 2023, 10:31:08 AMDoes this mean, after the next patch, you can unlock all the scenarios now?
so far only Grim Reaper can

edit : uploaded the patch
Grim Reaper please confirm you see the unlock all button