Just can't get enough (of Friday)

Started by W8taminute, March 29, 2024, 02:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Not sure what I'll be playing.  Probably some Total Conflict: Resistance and maybe some Old World.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tripoli

BoC work.  Playtesting Flashpoint Campaign Southern Storm.  Maybe some CMO.  And just maybe one post of the Rule the Waves 3 AAR.  Have a Happy Easter, everyone!
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Geezer

Playing the new Necropolis League in Path of Exile.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

Happy Easter all. Assassin's Creed: Valhalla with Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden and Diablo IV waiting in the wings.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

I'm really enjoying Galactic Civilizations IV Supernova.  So far I played with peaceful opponents to learn, but my next game will be with more aggressive civilizations.
And Command Modern Operations for some real wargaming.

Anguille

Mostly Star Trek Infinite so far. Lost my first game with the Klingons. Started a new attempt with the Federation.

matt3916

Anguille -- Interested in your take on Star Trek Infinite.  Don't care about multiplayer or Star Trek canon.  How is it as a single player 4X?

Destraex

Quote from: Anguille on March 29, 2024, 04:58:45 PMMostly Star Trek Infinite so far. Lost my first game with the Klingons. Started a new attempt with the Federation.
Did this one end up being any good compared to Stellaris? I mean stellaris with a star trek mod has so many more features right?

Ok. It is officially dead. no more updates confirmed after only 6 months of steam store time. My problem with this is that they could not possibly have brought this game up to stellaris feature complete standards by then?

This should simply have been an addon for stellaris. That way it would keep any features stellaris addons and mods could bring.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/star-trek-infinite-dev-log-13-what-you-leave-behind.1629503/
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

devoncop

Quote from: Pete Dero on March 29, 2024, 03:27:16 PMI'm really enjoying Galactic Civilizations IV Supernova.  So far I played with peaceful opponents to learn, but my next game will be with more aggressive civilizations.
And Command Modern Operations for some real wargaming.

I agree 100%

Just about to win my first game on normal as i am a relative newb to this series and I have had a wild ride with it and thought I was going to go under at one point. Also loving the aesthetics of this one.
The new Warlords expansion in the next month promises to improve things a lot in relation to combat though I have found things up top my level already :-)
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Phantom

A little Colonial Twilight for me - French Algerian conflict in the 50's

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Phantom on March 30, 2024, 06:50:53 AMA little Colonial Twilight for me - French Algerian conflict in the 50's

Great game!!!
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

A little bit of "War on the Sea."  Just installed the Dutch East Indies campaign mod and eager to try it out.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Fetrik

Anguille

Quote from: matt3916 on March 29, 2024, 08:55:33 PMAnguille -- Interested in your take on Star Trek Infinite.  Don't care about multiplayer or Star Trek canon.  How is it as a single player 4X?
I like it so far. The Klingon campaign was my learning campaign and didn't go very far in the mission tree. Didn't manage to build up for the Borgs. The Federation was a lot stronger. The Borg destroyed all my planets.

Quote from: Destraex on March 29, 2024, 11:45:32 PMDid this one end up being any good compared to Stellaris? I mean stellaris with a star trek mod has so many more features right?

Ok. It is officially dead. no more updates confirmed after only 6 months of steam store time. My problem with this is that they could not possibly have brought this game up to stellaris feature complete standards by then?

This should simply have been an addon for stellaris. That way it would keep any features stellaris addons and mods could bring.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/star-trek-infinite-dev-log-13-what-you-leave-behind.1629503/
Indeed, the game won't get any new addons nor updates which is a shame. All achievements can be done and the game can be completed with any faction. I am not very good with mods even though i did install the star trek mod once. Somehow it was all too fast (events etc.).

I intend to play and win at least once with each faction. Being old and slow it may take a while (or ever) to reach that goal. I love Star Trek but i am not a hardcore trekkie so i am fairly happy with this. I just wish there was a random map generator.

Dammit Carl!

The siren call of another ARMA DLC has been answered and DLd - so that girl is back on the books for a smidge.  Honestly, going to need a dedicated drive for ARMA alone at the rate that I tack things on from the workshop hither and yon.

Otherwise, something in the air around here has clapped my sinuses something fierce and I feel like a hammered piece of shit so yay.  Don't recall ever being this beset by allergies before and I've lived in this region practically my whole life.  Maybe a side effect from 'vid?  Dunno.

-save some Claritin for me and have a good one, folks.