It's one of those Fridays...

Started by MetalDog, June 27, 2013, 09:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on June 28, 2013, 07:31:38 AM
As of 4pm EST today I too will be on vacation until July 8. Tomorrow I head out to Martok's Land of Plenty on my annual baseball pilgrimage to watch a few games with the indefatigable Minnesota Twins. When I return I plan on diving full bore into Company of Heroes 2, continue my Van Helsing game and start a new campaign of Fall of the Samurai.

VACATION BYOTCHES!!!
Aw, crap.  I forgot that was this weekend. 

Gus, I can't apologize enough, but I do have to work.  My coworker already requested the weekend off, so I'm "it".  Frak me.  :( 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Shelldrake

It looks like a rainy Canada Day weekend here in Halifax  :( so perfect for reading, movie watching and gaming  :). Since I just pulled the trigger on Distant World Shadows my plan is to finally dive into this game and to continue my Panzer Corps and Shogun 2 campaigns.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Sir Slash

To all going on your well deserved vacations I say, "Enjoy and please stay out of jail if possible". Skyrim's captured my head again and it's not letting go. I just took Merida's Beacon to her and an un-dead ass kicking is to follow. I just can't say no to a giant statue with great breasts.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

I just playing Last of us on the PS3.  Hopefully I'll get some time on this this weekend, as well as maybe some DCS action and COH2.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

No problem Martok for me amd my droogs are in Minneapolis until Wednesday. Take that :)

Just post a bunch of bars you suggest.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

tgb

Somehow I missed Fragile Allegiance when it was released back in '97.  It seems to be a deep, and somewhat different, take on the SF4X genre, and since it's only $3 from GOG, I thought I would give it a shot this weekend.

That, and now that I'm back on my feet, more Lock 'n Load testing.

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on June 28, 2013, 10:57:46 AM
No problem Martok for me amd my droogs are in Minneapolis until Wednesday. Take that :)

Just post a bunch of bars you suggest.
Aside from the ones I've already mentioned, nothing immediately comes to mind.  Like I'd said earlier, my culinary & drinking experience in the Cities has been sadly limited, especially compared to the amount of choices available to me.  :-[ 

Actually, there is on other place I've since thought of, which is the 5-8 Club.  Their burgers are simply orgasmic IMO!  I'd not mentioned the 5-8, however, because the nearest one to downtown is in south Minneapolis (and I don't know how far out of the way that would be for you and the guys), plus it's a popular destination, so you might end up waiting for quite some time, (depending on just how large your group is).  Also, it's a regular restaurant, not a bar, although they do have a good selection of beer available. 

Oh, and speaking of beer:  No matter which places you guys go drink at, you are required to order at least one Blue Moon, preferably with an orange slice (it usually gets served that way by default).  You'll thank me later.  :) 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Bison on June 28, 2013, 01:27:12 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 28, 2013, 01:00:01 AM
Rift DDO
Endless Space[/b] with Geek Not playing Endless Space
Dominions 3 Squad Battles Vietnam PBEM

My edited and much, more bester gaming list.

Haha.  Still playing DDO eh?  Let me know when you're ready to play with the grown-ups. :P

mikeck

Endless space
Strike fighters 2: Europe
Graviteam tactics: shield of the prophet
Scourge of war: Brandy Station
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

bob48

Not much gaming for me due to work. Just did a 13 hour day and back again at 8.00am on Saturday - not sure what time we'll get away, and possibly be there again on Sunday.

Me knackered! :(
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Tuna

On vacation starting today, so hoping to get  lot of gaming in!

Warlock MP with fellow Groggers tonight hopefully...

Definitely some DW and CMBN MP with Con...

Maybe hitting Ale Jacta Est again, been meaning to get into it..

Also want to check out this ACW mod for Empire Total War that I've been seeing all the awesome screen shots of!

Arctic Blast

Likely going to be awhile before I get back to computer gaming. But the board games shall continue to see time.

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on June 28, 2013, 02:31:19 PM
Thanks man
You're welcome.  Have a great time Gus

Quote from: bob48 on June 28, 2013, 04:54:39 PM
Not much gaming for me due to work. Just did a 13 hour day and back again at 8.00am on Saturday - not sure what time we'll get away, and possibly be there again on Sunday.

Me knackered! :(
Sorry to hear that bob.  I work all this weekend as well (aside from tonight), so I sympathize. 

LongBlade

Got in on some Warlock multiplay tonight. Good stuff.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.