Rome II's minimum and recommended specs

Started by undercovergeek, June 28, 2013, 02:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Minimum:
    Processor:2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor / 2.6 GHz Intel Single Core processor
    Memory: 2GB RAM
    Graphics:512 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible card (shader model 3, vertex texture fetch support).
    DirectX®:9.0c
    Hard Drive: 35 GB HD space
    Screen Resolution: 1024×768

Recommended:
    Processor:2nd Generation Intel Core i5 processor (or greater)
    Memory: 4GB RAM
    Graphics:1024 MB DirectX 11 compatible graphics card.
    DirectX®:11
    Hard Drive:35 GB HD space
    Screen Resolution: 1920×1080

35GB - holy crap - from Steam? ill get my sleeping bag

but then it will do this:-

http://tww-data.s3.amazonaws.com/panorama3/index.html

sandman2575

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 28, 2013, 02:36:02 PM

35GB - holy crap - from Steam? ill get my sleeping bag

:o

...and I thought the 9GB I just d/l'd for COH2 was a lot...

Grim.Reaper

I might have to rethink and buy the physical version or it will take 3 days to download...

undercovergeek

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 28, 2013, 03:01:49 PM
I might have to rethink and buy the physical version or it will take 3 days to download...

i remember trying that with ETW - the last boxed game i bought - it still needed to download thru steam

Jarhead0331

Chances are you will still have to download it, regardless of buying a hard copy...

35GB is huge, but it does not soften my complete hard-on for this game.  It can't come soon enough.

^See what I did up there?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 28, 2013, 03:12:27 PM

Chances are you will still have to download it, regardless of buying a hard copy...

35GB is huge, but it does not soften my complete hard-on for this game.  It can't come soon enough.

^See what I did up there?

I am just hoping that most of it will be on the physical version but no doubt a portion will still need to be downloaded, but hopefully a much smaller portion.

Grim.Reaper

Looking at the shogun 2 requirements it says it needs 32gb space.....I just redownloaded this the other day and it was only 16gb to download.  Therefore, the 35gb is likely needed once game extracted, but I am thinking the download itself will be half like shogun.

TheCommandTent

Hopefully they will let you preload it before it is released if you have preordered it.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: TheCommandTent on June 28, 2013, 04:41:39 PM
Hopefully they will let you preload it before it is released if you have preordered it.

Agreed

jomni

I remember STW2 to be my biggest Steam download so far.  I bought the DVD version and Steam applied a 20GB patch to it. :)
But my biggest game is X-Plane at 33GB.

Martok

Dang, 35 Gb is...quite sizable.  At least I have the space to spare. 

I'm also pleasantly surprised to see I meet the recommended as well as minimum specs.  I hadn't expected that.  8) 

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 28, 2013, 03:07:30 PM

i remember trying that with ETW - the last boxed game i bought - it still needed to download thru steam
Same here.  Most annoying. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Kushan

In case anyone is looking for some super HD RTW2 wallpaper.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Panorama

The Teutoburg forest one is around 185MB, but damn does it look good when spanning two monitors.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Gusington

CA has stated they want the game to be as accessible as possible for as many players as possible. Besides the massive footprint it looks like they may have done it. The best news is that it is only two months away! With the kind of scope R2TW looks like it has, I may be playing it for a year straight.

I am also happy that CA have returned to an era and area with many different factions. I love Shogun but even for me the game can get a bit samey after extended play.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on July 02, 2013, 09:24:20 AM
CA has stated they want the game to be as accessible as possible for as many players as possible. Besides the massive footprint it looks like they may have done it. The best news is that it is only two months away! With the kind of scope R2TW looks like it has, I may be playing it for a year straight.

I am also happy that CA have returned to an era and area with many different factions. I love Shogun but even for me the game can get a bit samey after extended play.

+1 much agreeing

...............and i was also all set up to play as Carthage or Egypt until i saw this:-

Each Legion can be:
(i) Renamed to what you like
(ii) Gain traditions in things like siege craft
(iii) If the legion gets slaughtered you can re-raise it with green troops and keep the traditions and experience that the banner offers. The troops will still be green. But they get the over all traits of the original legion.
(iv) change the symbol

This is all separate from the commanders traits.

..........being able to personalise the legion and carry it thru the entire game sounds very immersive

Gusington

Damn...I did not know any of that. I wonder if they are introducing those features to include them in in the upcoming Warhammer game...it's always hard to tell. With the inclusion of trains and the telegraph in Fall of the Samurai I was sure the next game was to be Victoria Total War...time will tell.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd