Jimmy Fallon's "Do Not Game" List

Started by bayonetbrant, July 05, 2013, 06:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

from the opening night of video game week

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Those are neat, but why not deal with games that have been made in, oh-let's-say the last decade?

Is he afraid of pissing off sponsors or something?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

you really think you're going to find something worse that Hooters Road Trip or Insulin Man in the past 5 years?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

tgb

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 05, 2013, 10:11:40 AM
you really think you're going to find something worse that Hooters Road Trip or Insulin Man in the past 5 years?

Low-hanging fruit.  Let's see him take on something like the latest SimCity

bayonetbrant

yeah, but someone is going to have fun w/ SimCity.  These others would be pretty damn hard to have fun with...

eyebiter

Battlecruiser 3000 should be on the next one.

RooksBailey

I demand that Ubisoft publish another Hooters game!
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Arctic Blast

I remember Revolution X from the arcade. Firing CD's at targets to save 'the music' from 'the man'. I never got that far into it because I couldn't stop laughing.

Superman for the N64 deserves mention. Thrill to being Superman...flying through rings. Yes, you fly through row after row of rings because Lex Luthor makes you or something. Thrill to the surroundings of 'we have no video memory in this piece of crap console' fog. Every now and then, you get a challenge stage. My personal favorite required you to save someone located directly halfway between you and some bad guys. Now, if the usual stupid AI happened, you were fine. Every now and then, the bad guys would remember they had guns and proceed to shoot the dude before you could even press the button to take off.