IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Discussion

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 28, 2013, 06:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronX

Quick question for Moscow owners: If I bought BoM directly from the devs, can I add it to my Steam account? I already own BoS for Steam.

Dammit Carl!

Magz had some vid showing of a player tank on tank thing going on in BoS - is that still a work in progress?  Combined arms stuff really makes me giddy, and I'd like to (again) return to Ostfront action!

Skoop

Quote from: IronX on November 02, 2016, 02:04:11 PM
Quick question for Moscow owners: If I bought BoM directly from the devs, can I add it to my Steam account? I already own BoS for Steam.

You can buy from developers but there is a process for activating it with a steam key.  When you buy from the 1c site, don't download the game, instead use the key to transfer it to a steam key, then go to steam and activate it there.  I would check at the dev site for more precise details.  You can only have the game activated on steam or non steam, not both.  Once you transfer your key to steam there's no going back to the non steam client with out the devs resetting your key manually.

IronX

Cool, thanks. If I get I might just stick with Steam.

Nefaro

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on November 02, 2016, 02:57:57 PM
Magz had some vid showing of a player tank on tank thing going on in BoS - is that still a work in progress?  Combined arms stuff really makes me giddy, and I'd like to (again) return to Ostfront action!

It's not especially fancy.  Or finished AFAIK. 

I don't recall seeing people use both in MP, but I haven't done much of it yet.

Skoop

Quote from: IronX on November 02, 2016, 03:53:16 PM
Cool, thanks. If I get I might just stick with Steam.

I switched my key to steam and have no complaints.

IronX

I picked it up from Steam in the end, so all is good. Now to learn how to fly the new birds!

Nefaro

So there was a recent update to IL2BoS that reportedly improved the graphics engine performance a good-to-great amount, depending on your hardware.

I've not fired it up yet to try, since busy playing some other things (plus more DCS on the menu first).  But it's great to see the developers spend extra time optimizing their sim.    :bd:  Other devs should do likewise; it doesn't get as much attention as it should these days. 

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Nefaro on December 28, 2016, 08:23:08 PM
So there was a recent update to IL2BoS that reportedly improved the graphics engine performance a good-to-great amount, depending on your hardware.

I've not fired it up yet to try, since busy playing some other things (plus more DCS on the menu first).  But it's great to see the developers spend extra time optimizing their sim.    :bd:  Other devs should do likewise; it doesn't get as much attention as it should these days.

It also added the JU-52 and a scripted campaign.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tuna

Got my rudder pedals in the mail yesterday!... LOL Nef you were right, it does take some getting used to. I guess there will be a lot of practice needed before I venture into the MP skies. Although having the individual toe brakes is awesome. Taxing is a breeze now, it's just that next step 'the takeoff' that is becoming a new adventure!

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on December 29, 2016, 09:35:01 AM
Got my rudder pedals in the mail yesterday!... LOL Nef you were right, it does take some getting used to. I guess there will be a lot of practice needed before I venture into the MP skies. Although having the individual toe brakes is awesome. Taxing is a breeze now, it's just that next step 'the takeoff' that is becoming a new adventure!

I think it only took me a few days of virtual flying to get accustomed to using the rudder pedals. 

After that, I became increasingly endeared with them.  Despite my feet being larger than what they were created for (makes accidental toe brake use quite probable) I'd be frustrated flying without them nowadays.  Especially in prop planes.

IronX

I need to get some of these. Any recommendations?

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tuna

Quote from: IronX on December 29, 2016, 03:50:51 PM

The ones I bought were CH Pro, they were 120 on Amazon (I think Nef also told me, these were the ones he had and they've served him well).. Thrustmaster has a pair that is around 65, but they seem to be very close together. After the CH Pro ones the prices seemed to climb pretty rapidly. Outside my budget, have other things I want to direct money towards.

Father Ted

Quote from: IronX on December 29, 2016, 03:50:51 PM

Need or want?  I would say decent stick > head tracking > pedals for flight simming.  And actually when I say decent stick I have a T16000 which is pretty low-end price-wise, but it does the job.  My Headtracking is TIR5, which is great.

And to answer your question, I have the CH Pro pedals, and they're good, though have gotten a little spiky on the toe-brakes.

But definitely head-tracking before pedals.