Main Menu

Recent posts

Computer Gaming / Re: Capes (Super Hero game)
Last post by Jarhead0331 - Today at 11:23:06 AM
I read that there is no base building of any kind either. What happens between missions?
Computer Gaming / Re: Capes (Super Hero game)
Last post by ArizonaTank - Today at 11:17:45 AM
Couldn't resist hitting "buy"... played a little bit with it.

It's fun in a X-Com-like way as far as tactical combat goes.

But not sure about the strategy element. Mission progress seems like it might be on rails...but not sure...maybe because I'm still early game. If true, maybe replay-ability is limited?
Computer Gaming / Era One - new game by homeworl...
Last post by Destraex - Today at 09:28:11 AM
A new game by the homeworld complex mod team. I had never heard of it and it was brought to my attention today. Looks ok but the larger ships are damned ugly. Not a fan of the whole first person option in a game like this either.

Apart from that it looks really interesting. This could easily surpass homeworld3 and is out in quarter 4 this year but will continue development after that.
Computer Gaming / Re: Total war pharaoh - coming...
Last post by Gusington - Today at 06:22:11 AM
Will pick this up now, once the update is released.
Current Events / Re: Russia's War Against Ukrai...
Last post by JudgeDredd - Today at 04:47:19 AM
Quote from: FarAway Sooner on Yesterday at 01:27:16 PM...I'm curious to know what lessons NATO has learned there and whether/how it will affect their own drone procurement strategies.
I imagine the proliferation of massive amounts of point defence weapons will be one thing
Last post by Crossroads - Today at 04:47:00 AM
Here's the full CNN article, with full context the clicky-baity title can be put to, well, context.

Quote"We have no aviation and artillery. We have only tank. And it's the problem."

That said, I am sure tons of valuable experience is being gained there regarding the battlefields of today.
Last post by JudgeDredd - Today at 04:44:08 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on Yesterday at 11:41:46 AM^Valid points, but is that a problem with the M1 itself, or just the nature of the combat environment in which it is being employed? Wouldn't those issues also impact the survivability of German and British tanks, as well? Why is the M1 being singled out?
Maybe because CNN is a US organisation - so probably focussing on US kit on the field?

Aren't these early versions of the M1. So maybe the M1 has lack of armour?

Though there are older Leopards out there too.

But yeah - drones are proving deadly to most kit
Computer Gaming / Re: Campaign Series Middle Eas...
Last post by Jason Petho - Yesterday at 11:44:23 PM
Lots to show during the show and tell today. I wish I had more time in a day, but hey, progress is still progress! After that we moved to the Middle East, Sinai and played as the Israeli's during the campaign in the desert. We started the scenario with a mechanized force, advancing through the desert until we stumbled upon a well fortified position. This is a larger scenario where we are fighting against an entrenched Egyptian mechanized force. I think anyway, as I've run into some tanks and a lot of trucks.

Computer Gaming / Re: Total war pharaoh - coming...
Last post by WallysWorld - Yesterday at 09:42:20 PM
Expanded map and four more civilizations coming.

Total War: PHARAOH - Dev Update

"With the introduction of these landmasses and their associated cultures, we're introducing four major civilisations from the Bronze Age Collapse, meaning history is yours to rewrite. You could strive to become the King of the Universe (a title of immeasurable modesty) over the Royal Tradition in Mesopotamia and unite Babylon and Assyria along with any squabbling petty kingdoms and warlike Elamites. Or you can sit on the throne of Mycenae and raid the seas around your capital with the city of Troy a particular and coveted prize. You can even reenact a version of the world where the Trojan war goes either way or even an unlikely alliance is forged to counter a looming threat. The opportunities are endless.
We know you love to hear about the micro-details, so let's talk scale. The expanded map size has increased to 2048 x 1648 hexes, a significant leap from the previous dimensions of 1134 x 1648 hexes. This expansion renders the world approximately 1.8 times larger than the current map, offering players a vast expanse to conquer and explore.
Additionally, we've added 168 settlements, significantly boosting the total count from 181 to 349."
Computer Gaming / Re: Strategy is not hip
Last post by Tanaka - Yesterday at 08:57:36 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 22, 2024, 05:00:48 PMTotally non surprising to me, believe strategy players always have been in the minority compared to the other genres.....

Exactly. It's always been this way. Yet we have more strategy games to choose from than ever before...