More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

DoctorQuest

No. I see it. Sulu is in the navigator's seat.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

mirth

And Uhura's in the Captain's seat, but not on Kirk's lap?!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

Also, no version of the Enterprise ever had a 'What's Wrong With This Picture' sign mounted on the wall of her Bridge.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 18, 2016, 07:18:37 PM
Also, no version of the Enterprise ever had a 'What's Wrong With This Picture' sign mounted on the wall of her Bridge.

What about that big rectangle they were always staring at?

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on August 18, 2016, 07:22:46 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on August 18, 2016, 07:18:37 PM

What about that big rectangle they were always staring at?

A constantly-updating chart of the Network's interest in the show?

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Staggerwing

OK, I see 'spice' and 'girls' but have no clue as to the significance of 'white' and 'pumpkin'. Am I better off that way?

panzerde

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 18, 2016, 08:42:56 PM
OK, I see 'spice' and 'girls' but have no clue as to the significance of 'white' and 'pumpkin'. Am I better off that way?

Every year in the Fall Starbucks trots out a line of "Pumpkin Spice" flavored drinks. These are very popular with young caucasian women, a majority of whom seem to drink nothing else from late September until Christmas.

Yes, you were better off not knowing, come to think of it.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

bbmike

But, I like pumpkins. Warlock II has pumpkins.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Quote from: panzerde on August 18, 2016, 08:51:52 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on August 18, 2016, 08:42:56 PM

Every year in the Fall Starbucks trots out a line of "Pumpkin Spice" flavored drinks. These are very popular with young caucasian women, a majority of whom seem to drink nothing else from late September until Christmas.

Yes, you were better off not knowing, come to think of it.

That explains it. I've set foot in Starbucks perhaps once, and the 'X-Files' was probably still on the air then. I'm the kind of guy that will drink the morning coffee at the muffler shop. In the afternoon.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

Nefaro

I like pumpkin pie.  Maybe even a few baked pumpkin seeds on occasion.

But pumpkin spiced coffee?   Blech!  It's like getting some powdered spice stuck at the back of your throat, mildly scratching it much longer than it should.  Not quite as annoying as having a hair stuck back there, but similar.

Doesn't even improve the taste.