More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

^ And on top of that, I'm sure they'll find a way to make it pander to the Asian market, as that is their business model it seems.

mirth

Hellboy: Hong Kong Nights
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on June 26, 2017, 11:14:04 AM

Thanks, mirth. You just gave them four billion dollars' worth of movie franchise right there.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BC on June 26, 2017, 11:16:35 AM
Quote from: mirth on June 26, 2017, 11:14:04 AM

Thanks, mirth. You just gave them four billion dollars' worth of movie franchise right there.

Maybe it'll be the sequel to F&F: Tokyo Drift...

Franchise crossover gold right there, baby!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

I was hoping Rosie O'Donnell would do a Hellgirl movie. STOP THROWING THINGS AT ME!! It was just an idea!  :idiot2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tpek

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 26, 2017, 10:54:43 AM
And, he actually lived through the two Hellboy movies. Though I guess Hellboy has kind of died since then.

He actually dies once or twice during the Hellboy movies (though he does come back to life), so I'm not sure if it counts.

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on June 26, 2017, 11:08:35 AM
Quote from: BC on June 26, 2017, 10:56:38 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on June 26, 2017, 10:54:43 AM
And, he actually lived through the two Hellboy movies. Though I guess Hellboy has kind of died since then.

Nope. Hollywood, in its infinite gift of lacking balls to do new and different things, is remaking Hellboy.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/05/hellboy-reboot-guillermo-del-toro-1201814397/

:tickedoff:

Indeed.

And David Harbour as the possible lead?  Ugh.   ::) 

I don't see what the fascination with placing him in lead roles has been lately.  I  ::) when I heard they were wanting him for Cable in the next Deadpool movie, too. 

Tpek

^Well, they got Thanos to play Cable now.

Maybe it'll turn out more like Deadpool vs Thanos rather than Cable&Deadpool :P

trailrunner

bayonetbrant

ha! 

Most accurate joke in this thread
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

Quote from: Tpek on June 26, 2017, 10:52:14 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on June 26, 2017, 10:34:03 AM
I'm still mourning his untimely passing in Sons of Anarchy.  :'(

You do realize he dies probably more often than Sean Bean in movies&shows, right?

Pacific Rim had an awesome post-credits twist-scene that shows he actually survived the movie.

"Where's my goddamm shoe?!"
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

I love that movie. Watched it dozens of times with the kids.

JasonPratt

I am apparently Chaotic Good?

Re the Hellboy films: I not only own them both, and kind of adore them, but also the two animated features they made in between with the same cast. Haven't watched those as much, which is a situation I should rectify.

I do not understand why they would remake HB. Why not just continue along the plot with new actors?  :uglystupid2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

(I must admit I don't get the Star Wars math problem joke, btw...  :-[ )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!