PC Games That Have Ignited a New Interest in You

Started by Gusington, June 12, 2019, 01:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigwolf

I have to admit to never having heard of Osu.  After looking it up, I have no idea why I would want to investigate Osu any further... I don't get it.  Not my thing, I guess.  Grogheads while drinking?  That, I understand.

JasonPratt

This thread was revived by bots, unfortunately. But still a good topic!

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 04, 2022, 05:29:15 PM
Quote from: al_infierno on November 04, 2022, 05:25:15 PM
.... there's another way to browse Grogheads?  ???

If there is I haven't found it.

That's because it's on the front page.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JasonPratt

People tell me it can be found by searching the main forum page for "Area 51" (no quote marks), but so far I've preferred to let it stay a mythical imagination rather than risk disappointment by the reality.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

em2nought

Ultimate Admiral and Task Force Admiral have me thinking about doing some modeling again.  These Chibi-Maru egg ships are so cute.
Stolen elections have consequences.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SummerFrog

I've been playing PC games for about 15 years, and I just built a top-notch setup. however, I've since completely lost interest in gaming. I even purchased God of War after waiting years for its PC release. However, I haven't played it continuously for even a half-hour.

GDS_Starfury

clearly, Having Sex with Hitler has opened up a whole realm of possibilities. 
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MengJiao

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 04, 2022, 09:11:02 PM
This thread was revived by bots, unfortunately. But still a good topic!

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 04, 2022, 05:29:15 PM
Quote from: al_infierno on November 04, 2022, 05:25:15 PM
.... there's another way to browse Grogheads?  ???

If there is I haven't found it.

That's because it's on the front page.

The SGS game on the war with Mexico in 1847-1849 forced me to notice that the US attack was dependent on assembling forces for the invasion at Vera Cruz at Tampico.  Kind of not what
I thought happened in the war plus the assembling invasion fleet would have been very vulnerable to any reasonable seaborne attack -- and the Mexicans theoretically had steam frigates that
could have made a mess at Tampico.

CJReich46

Quote from: em2nought on November 05, 2022, 11:39:51 PM
Ultimate Admiral and Task Force Admiral have me thinking about doing some modeling again.  These Chibi-Maru egg ships are so cute.

Yeah they are. I would love to get a couple. They even make carriers. I bet they would make a killer Lego design. I kind of like that part of any game where you build ships and design them. But yeah Ultimate Admiral had me reading on naval ship design to understand armor- mostly Wikipedia for a primer.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Sardalivan

You'll laugh at me here, but the best game of the month for me is Stray. Be a cat, run, meow and knock down cans - it's a DREAM! At first, I thought it was a stupid adventure, and the only fun part is that you are in the cat's body. But then I understood the development of the storyline, and it became more interesting. I've always laughed at games where you play as an animal, but Stray won me over. I even abandoned WoW and only occasionally read updates on https://skycoach.gg/blog. It's the first time I pay more attention to another game than WoW.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rutillo

I'm a loser.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Usually I read a book about a subject in history, and this causes me to search for board and PC games on the subject.

For example, I recently read Dan Jones' excellent "The Wars of the Roses" and this caused me to look at board games: "Kingmaker" by Avalon Hill, and "Blood and Roses" by GMT.  Also, "Field of Glory 2, Medieval" in PC land.

However, I can think of one PC game that did inspire me to learn more; that was "Battles of Napoleon" by SSI. When the game was released, I immediately saw how rich the history of the Napoleonic Wars was and wanted to learn more.

I suppose I could also list SSI's "Age of Rifles" as well. There were so many scenarios from wars I was not aware of, that I immediately had to find out more.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.