[Dominions 6] Grogspocalypse: The Return! (FINISHED)

Started by al_infierno, January 18, 2024, 04:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

It's that time, folks. Pick up your Skull Mentor and ask for some good freakin' advice, because it's post-release Dominions 6 Grogspocalypse time!  :valkyrie:

Era: Early Age

Game name: Groggies

Password: Ask me for PM!

Deadline: Whenever we feel like it

Drop a line in this thread and claim a nation if you wanna drop in the deep end. Lobby is already created, all you have to do is go to Network > Enter Game Lobby and find Groggies.

This won't be a serious competitive game, so feel free to screw around and do a fun build.

Player - Nation:

1. al_infierno - Xibalba
2. Cpt_Howdy - Lanka
3. Tanaka - Ubar
4. Yskonyn - Ulm
5. TheMeInTeam - Mekone
6. Solops - Agartha
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

CptHowdy

jumping into deep end and i have no life preserver! im choosing Lanka, Land of Demons

solops

I am interested, always love Agartha, but right now I am not much more than chum. I need to play solo for at least a few days just to figure out the game again. You guys have left me behind in the experience category. So, maybe?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Tanaka

al_infierno

Cap and Tanaka are penciled in with a "maybe" for Solops.

Still haven't decided who I want to play.  Probably gonna go for something silly like Xibalba instead of a nation I'm actually good with.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

al_infierno

Tentatively claiming Rus, but I may change my mind before we start.

I PMed some of the old crew and asked if they want to join.

Anyone have thoughts on game settings and features?  Right now I have all the default settings on with renaming enabled.   Will decide on thrones once we finalize player list.

- MengJiao

TheMeInTeam

Still a little shaky on Dom 6 expansion and learning the new mechanics, spells, and tech break points, but count me in!

JasonPratt

I'm indeed interested, but might be a little soon. Might be next time. (I'm juggling several multiplayer games already, including two new ones starting up soon.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

Yes I want in! Time to relive good times!

Ulm if available, otherwise Caelum please.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on January 19, 2024, 07:11:38 AMYes I want in! Time to relive good times!

Good to see you bro. Hope all is well.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

solops

I cannot stand not being in, so I'm in! That being said, we need an underworld, as its bonuses help balance some of Agartha's shortcomings. So far, I am not doing well. After mini-maxing the scales, I find that I still need 800+ points for my pretender  :azn: So, I am in no great hurry to start.

My strategy will be heavily dependent on "This won't be a serious competitive game"  :grin:
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Yskonyn

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 19, 2024, 07:49:22 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on January 19, 2024, 07:11:38 AMYes I want in! Time to relive good times!

Thanks Jar! All is well here. How about you?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on January 19, 2024, 10:40:14 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 19, 2024, 07:49:22 AM

Thanks Jar! All is well here. How about you?

I'm ok, Ysk. Been a tough couple of months. Lost my brother in June, but family and friends have been great support. Thanks for asking. Hope to see you around here more often.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

Ouch. I am sorry for your loss, man.

Yeah its been lurker mode for me. I got promoted to Captain and since it happened it was like fate pulled a prank on me; the first six months were pretty weird with all kinds of shit happening. From passengers pissing against the wall and over the seat inside the aircraft, to my first ever engine failure after a birdstrike to a major security incicent.
Things have settled down now and its back to just having relaxing no fuss shifts. Lol!
For some reason it happens to a lot of newly promoted captains. Fate pulls some weird shit at times.

Its pretty good for confidence building, though. I'll give you that!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd