Lock 'n Load Publishing Giving Away Free Print and Download Games

Started by Thrawn, January 22, 2016, 03:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Modern Demo arrived yesterday. Very nice! Well worth the $9.80 for S&H.  O0

Looking forward to giving a play. Hopefully this weekend!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Thrawn

That is great news,

As always let us know what you think both of the product production value as well as the game system.

David

mirth

My early impressions are very positive. I did open it up, look over the components, and glance at the rules. So far, everything looks great.

I'll gladly give additional feedback when I've had more time with it.

Thanks for offering up the demos. It's a great idea and marketing device.

P.S. I placed an order for Heroes of the Falklands over the weekend before the demo even arrived :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

PanzersEast

I ordered the WW2 Demo... although I have to say the Falklands is pretty tempting.  Good show to LnL for the test drive  O0  Hope to have it next week.

PE

Crossroads

I received the two Tactical Demoes yesterday, just in time for the weekend  :)

I've now skimmed through both sets of rules. The real winner here for me at least was the playthrough guide, it is really helping me in getting familiar with the system. I am playing though it as it goes.

So next, the obvious choise is to pick up one of the complete games. I am opting for modern era, so maybe Heroes of Falklands...
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Quote from: Crossroads on February 20, 2016, 04:12:32 AM

So next, the obvious choise is to pick up one of the complete games. I am opting for modern era, so maybe Heroes of Falklands...

Dang, Heroes of the Gap would have been my sweetspot. So out of print... No copies at Boardgamegeek used game market either, while Giochi and Scatola have one 2nd hand for 149 euros...  :-\

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

bbmike

Ordered the WWII demo while waiting for Heroes of the Pacific to come back in stock.  :)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

Quote from: Crossroads on February 20, 2016, 07:55:48 AM

Dang, Heroes of the Gap would have been my sweetspot. So out of print... No copies at Boardgamegeek used game market either, while Giochi and Scatola have one 2nd hand for 149 euros...  :-\

Heroes of the Gap is up soon to be re-released as Heroes against the Red Star, I think that's the name. Shouldn't be too long to wait... maybe this summer.  O0

Crossroads

Quote from: Barthheart on February 21, 2016, 04:57:52 PM
Quote from: Crossroads on February 20, 2016, 07:55:48 AM

Heroes of the Gap is up soon to be re-released as Heroes against the Red Star, I think that's the name. Shouldn't be too long to wait... maybe this summer.  O0

Ah, thanks! That's great news  :)

Crossroads

mirth

Crossroads

Quote from: mirth on February 22, 2016, 10:21:30 AM
^ drool!

I decided I couldn't wait so went and ordered Corps Commander: Dawn's Early Light instead. Or in addition, as the HATRS seems like a no-brainer once it ships.  :buck2: O0

Barthheart

The original Heroes of the Gap is a blast to play great fun watching M1s and T-72s duke it out.  O0

Crossroads

Quote from: Barthheart on February 22, 2016, 12:56:13 PM
The original Heroes of the Gap is a blast to play great fun watching M1s and T-72s duke it out.  O0

Oh I can imagine  :knuppel2:

I might soon need to look for a new boardgame counter avatar to use  ;D

PanzersEast

Hoping my demo ships soon....  :o  Although it is the WW2 demo, Falklands continues to beckon.......

PE