IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Discussion

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 28, 2013, 06:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

^Agreed...but its still too early for me. I'll probably dive in when the P-38 or P-51 is ready, unless it goes on sale earlier.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Quote from: Toonces on December 20, 2018, 10:42:30 AM
Wait...Bodenplatte was what I meant, not Kuban.

Oh, Kuban has its share of US punchyplanes. (The Boston and Airacobra previously mentioned, plus guest starring Soviet Spitfires.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 20, 2018, 12:27:45 PM
Quote from: Toonces on December 20, 2018, 10:42:30 AM
Wait...Bodenplatte was what I meant, not Kuban.

Oh, Kuban has its share of US punchyplanes. (The Boston and Airacobra previously mentioned, plus guest starring Soviet Spitfires.)

I didn't get a Spit with Kuban? Is that one you have to buy on the side? Or deluxe version?

Skoop

The spit mkvb is in kuban but your right it might be a deluxe addition.  The spit mk ix is bodenplate, and is currently one of the top performers in the game.

Toonces

I've always thought the Spit is one of the most elegant pure dogfighters of WW2.  It suits my style of flying like an old sneaker. 

I'll have to take another look at Kuban.  I think I passed on it during the last sale because it was $30 while the others were like $7.  I wanted to get my feet wet in the series before dropping that kind of smack.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

Ditto on waiting for Kuban -- when my character campaign gets that far, I'll consider splurging on it. ;)

However, as Tuna and I discovered the other night, multiplayer maps with operational campaigns (not character, just various ops) can be flown on Kuban without owning it. So it's on-disc DLC to some significant extent! (I assume, though I might be wrong, that this doesn't include plane interiors or piloting characteristics, so that I would not for example be able to join as gunner with a plane that I don't already own.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Tuna

Tuna

Found a new 'favorite' MP server Knights of Sky (Wings was having tons of issues). This one doesn't have the icons on the map, so you get to experience the joy of navigating (miss the CloD map tools in this case).

Bombing the docks of Stalingrad in the early morning flak

Save return to base

Great first run!

Destraex

Does it have an engine sound option yet and is the tank sim on sale? Still might be worth it for cheap without the infantry. A bit lonely but still might be worth it.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Tuna

I don't think tanks are on sale, where that just came out. But they are having an Xmas sale right now, again I think older stuff (BoS, BoM, BoK, collectors planes).

Tuna

Actually, I was just on their sale page and it looks like Tanks are included with the Air Games?

https://il2sturmovik.com/

Edit: Strange but then they are selling 'tank crew' separately at a premium price. Maybe 'player controled' tanks on the regular expansions, doesn't mean you actually get inside them.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tuna on December 21, 2018, 07:18:40 AM
Actually, I was just on their sale page and it looks like Tanks are included with the Air Games?

https://il2sturmovik.com/

Driveable tanks are included with the air modules, but this is totally different than Tank Crew, the armor module. Tank Crew features fully modeled and crewable tank units and ultimately a new map made for land combat. None of the alpha products are on sale.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tuna

My first attempt at Video.. JU-88 Bombing Run on Knights of the Air server.

JasonPratt