The Occult Chronicles

Started by son_of_montfort, March 14, 2012, 07:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spelk

Over at the Game Design Round Table podcast, Vic Davis lets you inside the creative design process of Cryptic Comet.

http://thegamedesignroundtable.com/2013/07/16/episode-36/

tgb

The game has now been officially released.  If oyu've already applied the 1.06 patch you've got the final version.

Also (and this may not be new) there's now a demo.

PanzersEast

I have Armageddon Empires and still have not given it a complete play through.... in a gaming slump now but this has jared my memory....

I like the Six Gun Saga game and would be interested to hear how this one is...

PE

Huw the Poo

Oh damn, Vic really needs to advertise more - I'd forgotten all about this, and still haven't gotten around to trying Six Gun Saga.

So let's have some impressions, chaps!  Specifically, if you don't mind, with regard to replayability, length of a game (and suitability for short sessions) and any multiplayer.  Ta!

tgb

Quote from: Huw the Poo on August 21, 2013, 11:10:06 AM
Oh damn, Vic really needs to advertise more - I'd forgotten all about this, and still haven't gotten around to trying Six Gun Saga.

So let's have some impressions, chaps!  Specifically, if you don't mind, with regard to replayability, length of a game (and suitability for short sessions) and any multiplayer.  Ta!

It's essentially a boardgame/roguelike hybrid that comes with 6 or so layouts.  The rooms in each layout are randomized, plus there are tons of choices to make when creating your character.  So there's tons of replayability, but it's single player only.

Huw the Poo

Thanks tgb.  I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point, it's just that on the rare occasions that I have money burning a hole in my wallet, Cryptic Comet doesn't occur to me.

tgb

Toonces

I like to support guys like Vic.  Wish we could get his games on Steam.  I like the way he thinks.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

PanzersEast

Actually a very good game.  Vic's games are very well thought out and fun.  I will probably pick this one up if nothing else to just for support.

PE