Hegemony Rome Release Date Announced

Started by Kushan, August 22, 2013, 08:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

Hegemony Rome will be released in February 2014. Been in development a long time, really happy its finally going to see the light of day. And with enough time to get my Rome 2 and AJE/BoR fix before I start another Rome era game.

In last week's blog we mentioned that, while we wouldn't have a blog post this week, we might have some other news to post while we're over at GamesCom. And, as some might of guessed, you don't go to the world's largest game show unless you've got something big to say. So, without further ado ... drum roll please ...

Longbow Games is excited to announce Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar will be officially launching in February 2014 with the help of our new publishing partner Kalypso Media!

It's going to be a busy run up until release, and we've got a lot of exciting stuff to share, so stay tuned for more blogs, screenshots, videos and more!

http://www.longbowgames.com/forums/topic/?id=3022
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Grim.Reaper

Good to hear...although was hoping for it to come out sooner....

Bison

I'm looking forward to this iteration of the Hegemony series.  I do have hopes that diplomacy is a little more fleshed out than it was in the Greek game.

tgb

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on August 22, 2013, 08:46:17 PM
I'm looking forward to this iteration of the Hegemony series.  I do have hopes that diplomacy is a little more fleshed out than it was in the Greek game.

Same.

It's definitely been in the works for awhile, so hopefully we'll see such new toys. 

Since TW Rome 2 is coming out soon, and I still have scenarios to play in AGEOD's titles, I can be patient enough for next year.  :)

Gusington

This is great. I never had much interest in ancient Greece until I played Hegemomy Gold. I have high hopes for Hegemony Rome. I wonder what, if anything, the Kalypso partnership will mean for the consumers.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on August 23, 2013, 07:24:53 AM
I wonder what, if anything, the Kalypso partnership will mean for the consumers.

No good i fear... :-\

Gusington

Yeah I was kinda sorta thinking that but didn't want to be the first one to say it :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

sandman2575

I had completely forgotten about this.  Great news.

Hegemony Gold is a fantastic game -- and amazingly polished (not to mention graphically gorgeous). A really impressive achievement for a small outfit like Longbow.  I'm eager to support them by buying this.

Kushan

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

RooksBailey

Quote from: Kushan on August 22, 2013, 08:00:50 PM
Hegemony Rome will be released in February 2014. Been in development a long time, really happy its finally going to see the light of day. And with enough time to get my Rome 2 and AJE/BoR fix before I start another Rome era game.

In last week's blog we mentioned that, while we wouldn't have a blog post this week, we might have some other news to post while we're over at GamesCom. And, as some might of guessed, you don't go to the world's largest game show unless you've got something big to say. So, without further ado ... drum roll please ...

Longbow Games is excited to announce Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar will be officially launching in February 2014 with the help of our new publishing partner Kalypso Media!

It's going to be a busy run up until release, and we've got a lot of exciting stuff to share, so stay tuned for more blogs, screenshots, videos and more!

http://www.longbowgames.com/forums/topic/?id=3022

Okay, then.  I was debating whether or not to skip RTW2 in favor of this, but now I guess I won't have to skip either seeing how far apart they are.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

sandman2575

I just spent some time with Hegemony Gold tonight, after having not played for several months.  I'm just really struck once again by what a gem this game is.   Anyone looking for something truly different and imaginative in the RTS genre really needs to take this title for a spin.  I can't wait for Hegemony Rome.  Wallet permitting, no one should think of Rome2 TW and Rome Hegemony as an 'either / or'  -- both games look like they are going to be fantastic...  And safe to say that Longbow could use the money more than Sega, but hey, that's the world we live in -- I plan on buying both.