Main Menu

Magitech sale

Started by Teignnews, August 26, 2013, 03:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teignnews

Gamersgate has a 75% off sale on the Magitech titles, Takeda 3, Strength & Honor 2 & Sango 2.  Any thoughts on these. I have Takeda 3 already but not done much with it as it runs in a smallish square window with black borders all around despite choosing 1920x1080. So, also, any technical probs running them on newish gear?

Anguille

Technical problems...i guess you should ask in the Magitech forum. Anyway, they are all based on the same engine so you might find out a solution to your problems first.

I really enjoyed Sango 2....huge maps, great battles. A nice depiction of the 3Kingdoms....some starting positions are sooo hard.

Strength & Honor 2 is a fine game with improvements (it's the last of their pc games). The strategy map however is the one which looks the worst from all games imho. I've loved my campaign with the Spartans (conquered all till China), yeah.

tgb

My biggest problem with their games is that you can't pause combat and issue orders.

Nefaro

Quote from: tgb on August 26, 2013, 07:27:51 AM
My biggest problem with their games is that you can't pause combat and issue orders.

Ouch.

It also looks like their interface may be a pain in the ass so that could be a multiplied OUCH.

Anguille

Quote from: Nefaro on August 26, 2013, 02:32:27 PM
Quote from: tgb on August 26, 2013, 07:27:51 AM

Ouch.

It also looks like their interface may be a pain in the ass so that could be a multiplied OUCH.
:
Well, the battles are not very fast and easy to manage.

The interface may not be the best but is easier than windows 8.

ross_ntu

I bought Strength and Honor 2, and played demos of others.  Imho I think Takeda 3 was the one that grabbed me the most.  Having said that, the games are ugly and, as already mentioned, have a UI that is not the easiest to pick up.  Plus S+H2 was buggy for me - crashing most times I played it, which wasn't many as I lost a lot of motivation after it lost my progress a couple of times.

Nefaro

Well, despite reservations about usability and possible crashing (specs warn something about possible video card incompatibilities?), it's worth a shot at these prices. 

I did play the very first Takeda, long ago.  While it was no Shogun Total War at the time, it also had potential.  Unfortunately, I never checked out the later versions which actually added some of the stuff I thought it needed.

So I just grabbed Takeda 3 and S&H2 in the hopes that I can get some entertainment out of the turn-based(?) grand strategy side of it.  I did enjoy the old Romance of the Three Kingdoms stuff, although this may just make me want to revisit that last one again, despite it having some fantasy content to it.  ???   I suppose these have low fixed resolutions but I've been looking for a somewhat historical turn-based grand strategy for the laptop anyway.

Nefaro

Tip regarding patching:

Run the game first, before attempting to update. 

I installed Takeda 3 somewhere besides the Program Files folder, and the patches would just do some file searching before giving up and saying it couldn't find the install.  Until I started the game then tried again.  It must be searching for some setting files created on first start.