DOOM

Started by parone, June 10, 2013, 01:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parone

crap, faux, i remmember that i had to do that when i used it first.  thank you for the reminder.

Tygaros

ok, my turn got through, I also had to rename the dm file of the mod, but I also needed to rename the map. The link provided in the OP delivered     roaringrhinos_v2_11L1W.tga, the game wanted roaringrhinos_v4_11Land.tga though. I renamed the map and it worked, but could it be that we are using different maps now?

parone

hmm. i think i used v4.  and i very well may have posted the wrong link.  while i am a pretty consciencious admin, i am technically comically inept technically.

we'll see how it shakes out...

i have to head back into work, but will be back in a few hours.  will check in then.

Faux

Quote from: Tygaros on June 17, 2013, 04:13:34 PM
ok, my turn got through, I also had to rename the dm file of the mod, but I also needed to rename the map. The link provided in the OP delivered     roaringrhinos_v2_11L1W.tga, the game wanted roaringrhinos_v4_11Land.tga though. I renamed the map and it worked, but could it be that we are using different maps now?

I think it's very likely there's going to be some problems by just bruteforcing the filename like that. Can anyone find a download for v4?

Haerdalas

Had an issue with the Assimilation mod, fixed it via the name change suggested above. Now I have that issue with the map. Going to see if I can find the wanted version, if I do, I will post it here.

Dammit, I had an exam tomorrow too...  I should really leave this until after the exam, but meh.

Faux

Haerdalas

I just separately found and used the same one Faux found. My game seems to be working properly now, so unless someone comes up with an error we haven't covered yet, i think we may be good to go.

Tygaros

yeah, found this link too and resubmitted my turn

Haerdalas

OK, first turn sent in, now for some more revision.

W8taminute

Sent in my first turn as well.  Thanks for the linky to the correct map!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Bronwell

Got my first turn in as well just leaving C'Tis and Jotunheim.

Wingedflamez

OK downloaded the revised version of map and resubmitted my turn

Also just because I am curious and cause it would be usful information for turn progression.  WOuld everyone be willing to say what timezone they are in?

I am EST.

parone

guys, thanks for all the help.  i too am EST.  i'll try to keep an eye out, as the Ctis/jotun may not know we are a go, so there may be a delay tommorrow a.m.

Haerdalas

GMT here, so as it is now gone midnight, I am off to bed. Bye.

parone

haerdalus, you better have done your homework!!