Old games you wish were remade / updated

Started by jamus34, February 12, 2017, 04:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Rybon66

Sword of Argon.

Age of Rifles

Final Liberation

Pool of Radiance

Sir Slash

You're welcome. I wish somebody would do an update for Alea Jacta Est. Maybe improved graphics and some new Regional Decisions. Along with hot, naked dancing girls.  :timeout:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Father Ted

Quote from: Rybon66 on February 14, 2017, 12:08:29 PM
Sword of Argon.

Isn't that like a light sabre?  Sorry chap, but some typos make me chuckle...

On topic:  Fields of Glory?

Actually (though perhaps this should be a separate thread) I think we have to define the parameters of re-making and updating.  For instance, two games that I played a lot of in the beginning of my PC gaming are Sim City 2000 and Doom.  Both have modern iterations with better graphics, better controls, etc, and essentially similar gameplay but I'm not really sold on them. They're the same but different - the improvements have changed the nature of the game.

So, for instance, what would a remade/updated "B17" look like?  TIR support?  Clickable pits? MP?  Things I think a lot of players would desire, but would it then become a whole new game?

Capn Darwin

Red Baron (3d) with all the dynamic campaigning.

Front Page Sports Football in the 95/96 configuration with some updated 3d graphics. No other game had the depth of those titles.

Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Gusington

I would give anything for an updated or new Red Baron.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 14, 2017, 11:43:33 AM
Quote from: Surtur on February 14, 2017, 03:56:36 AM
Lords of the Realm (II) and Stronghold, the only two games I every played with interesting siege battles.

Yes! To LotR II. FANTASTIC game.

The game holds up well enough.  I played some a few months back.  It's one of the few gog purchases I've made.

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on February 14, 2017, 01:29:25 PM

Didn't we already sacrifice your testicals for Stellaris?

Yer running out of things to give
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

undercovergeek

Quote from: jamus34 on February 14, 2017, 03:33:09 PM
Quote from: Gusington on February 14, 2017, 01:29:25 PM

Didn't we already sacrifice your testicals for Stellaris?

Yer running out of things to give

I bartered a bit of him for a game design last week so there's not as much left as you think

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Steel Panthers

Aces series

Red Baron

EA's Seal Team
Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!

Slick Wilhelm

Jutland and Distant Guns, this time created with a real UI and produced by a different company than Storm Eagle Studios.  :dreamer:

KyzBP

Quote from: Capn Darwin on February 14, 2017, 01:06:41 PM
Red Baron (3d) with all the dynamic campaigning.

Front Page Sports Football in the 95/96 configuration with some updated 3d graphics. No other game had the depth of those titles.

I second both of those.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd