The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Quote from: FlickJax on January 26, 2015, 12:18:18 PM
Guild wars 2 75% off...is it good?

That depends.  For PvP I hear it's fantastic, but I always play MMOs for the PvE and, while it captured my attention for a few months, I eventually stopped ignoring the elephant in the room which is the skills system.  At first it's fairly unique and  a lot of fun, but after a while you realise that the skills are designed mainly for PvP.  There's no point having a hotbar full of skills that blind your enemy for a second when AI-controlled mobs only attack every three seconds, or inflict vulnerability for two seconds when vulnerability is almost worthless for solo play.

It's an enormous, beautiful world though, and the mix of classes and races is certainly interesting.  There's never a shortage of stuff to do and virtually all of it gains you XP.  You never, ever feel like you need to grind - indeed, levels are almost superfluous in GW2.

At that discount and bearing in mind there's no subscription fee I'd say yes, absolutely.  You'll definitely get your money's worth, especially if you want PvP.  But if you're a PvE guy, especially solo, you won't still be playing this time next year.

Oh, and the cash shop sucks.

tgb

Matrix deal of the week:Magnifico

Excellent light strategy/board game is free for IOS and also available for Windows for the princely sum of $1.99 No mention of Android version for some reason.  Nonetheless, this was one of my favorite releases of last year in any format.

Gusington

How is the replayability on Magnifico? Hell for 1.99 I shouldn't even ask.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Shelldrake

Android version of Magnifico is also free - just go to Google Play Store.  :)
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

tgb

Quote from: Gusington on February 02, 2015, 10:18:10 AM
How is the replayability on Magnifico? Hell for 1.99 I shouldn't even ask.

As replayable as any board game.  The Windows version includes several additional maps on which to play (those are sold as DLC for portable versions), and there are several levels of AI players from which to choose.

If this game has a flaw, it's only that multiplayer is not supported. 

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Shelldrake

Quote from: Shelldrake on February 02, 2015, 10:24:53 AM
Android version of Magnifico is also free - just go to Google Play Store.  :)

Hmmm...text doesn't display on my Android tablet. Glad it was free!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

steve58

Humble Bundle has a Humble Star Wars Bundle for Name Your Own Price.
Note, minimum price of $1 for Steam Keys

• Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
  • Star Wars: Dark Forces
If you beat the average price of ~$10.28, you will also receive the above plus these:

• Star Wars Battlefront II
  • Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
  • Star Wars Republic Commando
If you pay $12+, you will also receive the above plus:

• Star Wars Empire At War: Gold Pack
  • Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Martok

Gemini Wars is currently 75% off for $3.74 on Steam.  Seems to be a mildly interesting space-strategy game with a few 4x elements thrown in. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Greybriar

Quote from: Martok on February 04, 2015, 01:56:47 PM
Gemini Wars is currently 75% off for $3.74 on Steam.  Seems to be a mildly interesting space-strategy game with a few 4x elements thrown in.

Link
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Shelldrake

Trailer has a nice space opera feel to it. Looks like a weekend purchase for me. Thanks for the heads up Martok!

Dean Edell

airboy

It is a Real Time Strategy (RTS) game - so limited interest for me.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18