Thank the maker! 'Star Wars Squadrons' leaked

Started by Gusington, June 12, 2020, 12:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Well, that's enough for me.  Time to preorder.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Martok

I'm gonna need a new rig.  :hide:  That's actually okay, though, as I'm planning to replace my current piece of crap later this year anyway. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: SirAndrewD on June 16, 2020, 06:48:37 PM
Well, that's enough for me.  Time to preorder.

I am going to stick with my yearly Origin subscription, for $100....I always pickup at least Madden and FIFA anyway, those already pay for it and then some.  Then add the other games they release like this, worth it for me...

Gusington

Look how this thread has turned from getting the pitchforks and torches for EA to preordering!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on June 16, 2020, 07:27:00 PM
SirAndrewD - I can't believe you!

Dude, I'm the game whore. 

I literally wear an Imperial Command hat while I play Battlefront 2.

If it's got HOTAS support I'll play this thing even if it's got flying Wookies shooting poop at each other.

And I'll LIKE IT!
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

I can respect that. All of it. Gaming honesty! The hat thing is weird.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on June 16, 2020, 09:08:32 PM
I can respect that. All of it. Gaming honesty! The hat thing is weird.

Probably the least weird thing I do.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Martok on June 15, 2020, 06:31:33 PM
Interesting.  I'm encouraged by two things: 

1.)  The game is set in the "classic" Star Wars period.  No prequel or First Order bullshit. 

2.)  There's an actual singlerplayer campaign. 

The main downside, of course, is that the game is made by EA.  So I will cheerfully let everyone else spend their money on this before I decide whether or not to pick it up.  O:-)
As Martok says...

And I would wear the hat as well if i had one....man...i would also wear a Federation uniform when playing Birth of the Federation if i had one!

SirAndrewD

First game play will be shown in just under two hours from now. 

https://www.ea.com/ea-play-live

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Holy crap.   They are actually trying to redo X-Wing and TIE Fighter. 

I didn't dare hope.

Simulation elements that go so far as having to use the targeting computer and some Newtonian physics.

SirAndrewD

Here it is without having to go through the EA play event...

My main concern is that it seems that the ships in the classes are identical to each other, at least in what they showed. 

An X-Wing and TIE Fighter should feel remarkably different from each other, even if they're both "Fighters". 

It is clear that the TIE's don't have shields though, and the part of this that is cut is the CEO of Motive saying that power management and shield rotation is a thing.