The Night Manager

Started by mirth, February 14, 2016, 03:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Hugh Laurie and Tom Hiddleston in a John le CarrĂ© spy thriller? Hell yes!  O0

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I read the book quite a while ago.  I don't remember quite so many explosions.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I finally got around to watching the first couple of episodes.  Pretty good so far (great opening credits!).  I read the novel back when it was released but didn't remember a whole lot about it.  I like how they moved the story forward in history a bit and tied the Cairo stuff to the anti Mubarak revolution.

mirth

Watched the first episode this weekend. Quite good. Looking forward to watching more. Hiddleston and Laurie are both as good as you'd expect.

I have to admit as much as I like Tom Hiddleston and as good as he is in this show, it's difficult to imagine him as Bond (there's been a fair amount of speculation that he'll be the next Bond).
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Silent Disapproval Robot

First few eps were very good but it really starts to drag in the middle.  We all know that he's going to go after the 'forbidden fruit' yet they drag it out over 3 episodes. 

mirth

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 05, 2016, 03:29:02 PM
We all know that he's going to go after the 'forbidden fruit'

He's very Bond-like in that regard.

mirth

This is on Amazon Prime now, so I finished watching it this weekend. Damn good, mostly on the strength of the acting. By the end, I could see Tom Hiddleston taking over as Bond.

Worth a watch. Only six episodes so you can breeze through it in a day.