Steel Division 1944 (by wargame red dragon devs) in game trailer and unit stream

Started by Destraex, March 29, 2017, 07:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Well I suck at this but it sure is fun!

I wish there was a speed setting between Bullet time and Very slow... Very Slow seems awfully fast!  :o

Yeah, put some heavy stuff in  Phase A if you can... tanks, arty etc. Just having recon like the Auto Build gives you,  :P,  is difficult to fight with, even against an Easy enemy.

sandman2575

Quote from: Barthheart on April 05, 2017, 09:27:08 PM

Pretty much my motto for all Eugen Systems' games.  ;)

Spent about an hour with it tonight. Like Jarhead, my initial impressions are very positive. This is definitely Wargame: WW2, and that's a good thing.

Made a deck for 12th SS Panzer. Then played a skirmish which ended as 75% of all my Wargame experiences end: me surrendering.

GeneralHawk

Posted partly on steam but wanted to share here as well some initial thoughts...

Been on mp last three hours, incredible game. Nothing like it out there. Best of ruse and wargame. The ww2 setting changes the pacing radically, for the better actually. Really incredible sense of battlefront shifts, offensives etc...the phase dynamic makes the game extremely deep...and the air game is now just right, perfect for this setting.  It's much slower btw than wargame, great pace imo.

Can't wait for campaign, redemption for Eugene after AOA. This is the game every ruse, wargame, hell anyone who was wanted to command in a new way in this setting has been waiting for....
Gundog for life
D Co 2-35 IN
3 BDE 25th ID
OEF/OIF

Pete Dero

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 05, 2017, 06:30:01 PM
Tutorial's not available yet so I'm currently going through a bit of a trial and error process to learn how to play on the skirmish map.

A tutorial is available here : https://www.paradoxplaza.com/steel-division-player-guide/

Raied

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

acctingman

Ok....how fast is the slowest setting on this game?

I'm not the most patient guy, but that's my issue, not the fault of any game, but I tend to SUCK at games that are zipping along.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: acctingman on April 06, 2017, 09:31:56 AM
Ok....how fast is the slowest setting on this game?

I'm not the most patient guy, but that's my issue, not the fault of any game, but I tend to SUCK at games that are zipping along.

Its for all intents and purposes a pause. If bullet time speed in this game is still too fast for someone to process information and make decisions, they probably couldn't get through the daily rigors of life...like breathing. I think you'll be ok!  :crazy2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MC

I wish there was a speed setting between Bullet time and Very slow... Very Slow seems awfully fast!  :o

Yeah, put some heavy stuff in  Phase A if you can... tanks, arty etc. Just having recon like the Auto Build gives you,  :P,  is difficult to fight with, even against an Easy enemy.

If you want to try to slow it down.......

See here: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=12733.msg332074#msg332074

I had luck using this - http://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php and it helped quite a bit. Haven't used it in a while and not on windows 10. I'll have to get the latest version and try it out again soon. I don't have Steel Division yet but it is on my 'to buy' list.

Barthheart

Yeah bullet time is so slow it's hard to tell that units are still moving. It gives you lots of time to react. I was plying last night at very slow speed and bullet time speed. Played for about an hour and a half, including setup, and didn't make it to phase B of my first skirmish, which happens after 10 minutes of game time.  :D

Maybe with practice I could move up to slow speed but very slow is fast enough for me for now.  :crazy2:

Barthheart

Quote from: MC on April 06, 2017, 09:39:43 AM

If you want to try to slow it down.......

See here: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=12733.msg332074#msg332074

I had luck using this - http://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php and it helped quite a bit. Haven't used it in a while and not on windows 10. I'll have to get the latest version and try it out again soon. I don't have Steel Division yet but it is on my 'to buy' list.

Thanks for the link again!  O0 I did use that with Air Land Battle and CoH. But since I've moved to a new Win 10 box I've not tried it again.

Raied

Seems to be working all great and fine based on most feedback, so I think it is safe to enjoy it from now (Beta).