Main Menu

Steam Spring Sale

Started by Rayfer, March 15, 2024, 09:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

The Steam Spring sale started yesterday, Thursday and I haven't seen a blip here on Grogheads.  These sales used to spark a lot of interest and posts in years gone by.  For me personally.....meh, I no longer get excited. I have so many unplayed or barely touched games I got because they were on sale that I don't need more.

Grim.Reaper

Sales are way too common nowadays and when they do happen, the savings is not very great or different from other times in the year.

Hardly even look anymore....especially on Steam where you have to walk through a million titles.

Gusington

A lot of us here are also getting older and the 'wow' factor could be on the wane.

That said, because I am me, I do have a few items in my cart right now:

Star Wars: Jedi Survivor - 31.49
Crusader Kings III: Tours + Tournaments - 20.99
Old World: Wonders and Dynasties - 15.99
Shogun: Total War Collection - 2.49

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

rss334

There are a few games I have on my wishlist but grim reaper is right you can usually find all of these games on other sites and as good or better prices throughout the year.   I just don't know if they are worth it even at the sale price, not sure there is enough depth and complexity on these.

Stellar Monarch 2 - Is this game complex enough that your decisions actually matter and is it replayable many times.  Most reviews I find say it's just too abstract.

Timberborn - I don't know about this one, I like oxygen not included and city builder/strategy games but this one just seems kind of silly but it has overwhelming reviews

Knights of Honor 2 - Same as stellar monarch, game seems a little to abstract and not complex enough but not sure

Space Haven - still too early?

Nebulous Fleet Commander - Saw they now have the beginnings of a campaign map tying the battles together, that is pretty appealing now.  Trying to decide to go with this one or airships conquer the skies or highfleet.

ideas for those looking, not sure if these are on sale but games I found really good and had some good depth, some may not have the best graphics.

deity empires -
songs of syx
farthest frontier
plutocracy
workers and resources soviet republic
hegemony 3
cliff empire
aven colony
dominions 5
valheim

Gusington

Knights of Honor 2 can be complex if you want it to be, lots of campaign options to fiddle with  :ninjameditate:

Songs of Syx came up in my feed a few days ago and looks like an insane 4x in a good way, I may pick that up too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

I'll probably pick up the Downfall DLC for CMFB, and maybe Police Brutality Simulator

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on March 15, 2024, 09:51:02 AMShogun: Total War Collection - 2.49

I picked up that collection a year or two ago on sale for that price.  Well worth the trip down memory lane. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

^I don't plan on playing through the battles, just the excellent campaigns.

It came out exactly half my lifetime ago  :undecided:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'll probably pick up a few campaigns for Graviteam Tactics Mius Front, just to support those dudes.

Phantom

Quote from: W8taminute on March 15, 2024, 02:17:52 PM
Quote from: Gusington on March 15, 2024, 09:51:02 AMShogun: Total War Collection - 2.49

I picked up that collection a year or two ago on sale for that price.  Well worth the trip down memory lane. 

This was the first PC game where I thought the game was beautiful and ground-breaking - the cut scenes were wonderful, as was the strategic map & pieces. As for sales, I have my wishlist & if anything comes up that's dramatically cheap I may buy them but as Rayfer says "I have so many unplayed or barely touched games I got because they were on sale that I don't need more"

Redwolf

"BEARS, VODKA, BALALAIKA!" is down to $1.19:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1129220/BEARS_VODKA_BALALAIKA/

I want the DCS Mirage F1, but it is excluded from the sale.

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on March 15, 2024, 03:23:28 PMIt came out exactly half my lifetime ago  :undecided:

I feel your pain brother.  We may be getting older but we're still video gamers!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Anguille

Not sure yet. So many games I still have to play and even less time to play them.  Maybe Jagged Alliance 3.

Off topic, the guys behind Knights of Honour seem to be working on a space strategy game.

rss334

Quote from: Anguille on March 16, 2024, 10:02:02 AMNot sure yet. So many games I still have to play and even less time to play them.  Maybe Jagged Alliance 3.

Off topic, the guys behind Knights of Honour seem to be working on a space strategy game.

"games to be played"  Where is the fun in that, its more fun to keep buying games you intend to play to keep your mind off all the games you have not played :) 

Tanaka

Quote from: Rayfer on March 15, 2024, 09:35:13 AMThe Steam Spring sale started yesterday, Thursday and I haven't seen a blip here on Grogheads.  These sales used to spark a lot of interest and posts in years gone by.  For me personally.....meh, I no longer get excited. I have so many unplayed or barely touched games I got because they were on sale that I don't need more.

Yeah the sales are just not special anymore and you can find most games cheaper on other sites. And when you have tons of games in the back log its just like meh I'm good there will be another samesy sale another time.