Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

That is a metric shit-tonne of water displaced by that initial kaboom.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

https://warontherocks.com/2023/08/carrier-strike-groups-should-be-ready-to-go-dark-in-conflict/

these issues didn't seem to be a major problem during the Cold War before everything went wi-fi.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

We argued-out this subject extensively in the, 'South China Sea Heats-Up' thread when the report was first published as I recall. Pretty scary that at the first sign of conflict, the U.S. Carrier Groups may have to bug-out to east of Guam to be safe from attack.  :HideEyes:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

I don't thats the case.  if we can hide a carrier in a fjord a few hundred miles from Murmansk for weeks we can maneuver around the chinese.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Tripoli

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 29, 2023, 09:43:20 AMhttps://warontherocks.com/2023/08/carrier-strike-groups-should-be-ready-to-go-dark-in-conflict/

these issues didn't seem to be a major problem during the Cold War before everything went wi-fi.

It wasn't a big deal.  We practiced EMCON ALPHA routinely in the mid-1980's, and day to day ops were frequently BRAVO.  However, it takes practice, so I would be getting started now if I were working up battlegroups.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

GDS_Starfury

the latest chinese carrier has been lunched.

GDS_Starfury

Staggerwing

There's a lot of crap on deck considering the sea-state.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

Wonder what the price of eggrolls are on that Chi-Carrier?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Uberhaus

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 01, 2023, 10:28:42 AMWonder what the price of eggrolls are on that Chi-Carrier?
Taiwan.

GDS_Starfury

so remember a while back when a lot of people were complaining about all the rust on a US destroyer that had been deployed for almost a year....

well.

heres Vanguard class after 6 months.  :buck2:

Gusington

Wow that is amazing. How does that happen?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

I had no idea nuke subs like to play in such shallow water/the mud.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Gusington on September 11, 2023, 07:36:22 PMWow that is amazing. How does that happen?

by going very slow and VERY VERY quietly.   :evil:

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd