Main Menu

Israel

Started by GDS_Starfury, October 07, 2023, 07:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Scary escalation, but fairly typical of Israeli tactics.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Israel might have found enough information to justify the action internally, but not enough for public justification -- which I agree they'd definitely show, if so. But I don't doubt Israel would hit that place on sufficient internal justification.

Also possible that they had justification which while decisive they wouldn't be able to show publicly without compromising their intel assets/capabilities.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Edgy day to be Canada -- embassy was next to Iran's. ("was"  :cool: )

Iran promises "harsh" reprisal.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

GDS_Starfury

that Canadian embassy has been closed since 2012 or so.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, congratulations to Israel spec-ops for clearing out Shifa Hospital with zero civilian casualties!  :ThumbsUp:  :notworthy:

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 01, 2024, 10:24:42 PMthat Canadian embassy has been closed since 2012 or so.

Ah, I was going to say, "Whew, that's good news!" but then I wasn't entirely sure if having an embassy closed (and for that long) counted as good news overall. Good news for that mission anyway.

Does raise the theoretical question of whether Israel would have zorched Iran's embassy had Canada still been next door. My guess would be "yes depending on how necessary."

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

ya'll might want to check the news as iran launched a drone swarm towards Israel.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

From CNN:

Biden will meet with national security leaders in the Situation Room, White House says
From CNN's Lauren Koenig

US President Joe Biden will meet with National Security Council officials in the White House Situation Room upon his return from Rehoboth, Delaware, according to a statement from the White House.

The president was also briefed about the situation in the Middle East earlier by national security adviser Jake Sullivan and principal deputy national security adviser Jon Finer, the White House said.

The White House added that Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Charles Q. Brown will be among those in the Situation Room, along with Sullivan and Finer.

Vice President Kamala Harris and Biden's Chief of Staff Jeff Zients "will attend by secure video," the White House said.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Also from CNN...US intercepting Iranian missiles and drones:

US continues "to shoot down Iranian-launched drones targeting Israel," defense official says
From CNN's Oren Liebermann

The US is continuing "to shoot down Iranian-launched drones targeting Israel," a US defense official said Sunday.

"In accordance with our ironclad commitment to Israel's security, US forces in the region continue to shoot down Iranian-launched drones targeting Israel," the official said. "Our forces remain postured to provide additional defensive support and to protect US forces operating in the region."

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Iran says they are done, warns US...also from CNN:

Iran says its attack on Israel is a response to Israel's strike on the Iranian consulate in Damascus, and "the matter can be deemed concluded."

Iran's Permanent Mission to the United Nations in New York said the early Sunday attack was a response to Israeli "aggression against our diplomatic premises in Damascus."

Israel earlier this month struck an Iranian building in the Syrian capital Damascus, with a military spokesperson saying Israel believed the Iranian building hit in the attack was a "military building."

The Iranian mission said the matter was "deemed concluded."

"However, should the Israeli regime make another mistake, Iran's response will be considerably more severe. It is a conflict between Iran and the rogue Israeli regime, from which the U.S. MUST STAY AWAY!" Iran's Permanent Mission added in its statement on X.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

JasonPratt

Iran: manages to wound one 10-year-old girl.
Also Iran: "That's it we're done, now don't mess with us again or we'll be even more severe, waaaagh." {shows a snapshot of wildfires in Texas as footage of what they did tonight}

GDS_Starfury

I like the RAF and USAF involvement.   :smitten:

it sends many messages to many people