Field of Glory Empires MP Game New Thread.

Started by devoncop, June 04, 2019, 01:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoncop

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 03, 2019, 08:00:01 AM
In a year or less
Just for freeing slaves
Kindled decadence!
Legacy returns.

The Qats picked up a bunch of mercs last turn, somehow -- someone must be giving them cash, because I can't see how they can afford to keep this up. Even with the cash, they should be starving for food, but here they still are.

If you have the messages on low priority.......little button at bottom left.....toggle the option on the right if I remember right for message priority I think you should see if any money got sent.......
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

Bwahaha oh FogE AI...you killer of hopes and dreams! Just like my my wife!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Somebody hasn't gotten, 'lucky' in a while.  ::)  I'm talking about the game now.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Been luckier with The Wife than as Bactria. And that's saying something.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Many Qats invade!
Now Sulta is here!
Or is Sulta mine?
Punched out Sulta hard.

General Sulta, leading the Qatabian army, invaded my capital this turn, where he was met by... General Sulta, leading my army! (This confirms by the way that my garrison-spawn, although they did spawn in, didn't affect the fight; they stayed in the fort. Had my army also been garrisoned there, we probably wouldn't have fought this turn but my production would have tanked for a while.)

Fortunately for me, Sulta eked out a victory over Sulta.  8)

Not enough difference yet for me to strike back, but at least they didn't invade my lightly defended harbor territory nearby!

Meanwhile, I may have figured out why my decadence tanked so hard: when I took over management of the slave revolt territory, they had piled up a lot of decadence for some reason; so I absorbed that when the territory became mine! Naturally a bunch of wild catting didn't just immediately become pure as the driven sand. This is just an educated guess, but it seems reasonable with the game mechanics.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

devoncop

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 05, 2019, 07:58:46 AM
Many Qats invade!
Now Sulta is here!
Or is Sulta mine?
Punched out Sulta hard.

General Sulta, leading the Qatabian army, invaded my capital this turn, where he was met by... General Sulta, leading my army! (This confirms by the way that my garrison-spawn, although they did spawn in, didn't affect the fight; they stayed in the fort. Had my army also been garrisoned there, we probably wouldn't have fought this turn but my production would have tanked for a while.)

Fortunately for me, Sulta eked out a victory over Sulta.  8)

Not enough difference yet for me to strike back, but at least they didn't invade my lightly defended harbor territory nearby!

Meanwhile, I may have figured out why my decadence tanked so hard: when I took over management of the slave revolt territory, they had piled up a lot of decadence for some reason; so I absorbed that when the territory became mine! Naturally a bunch of wild catting didn't just immediately become pure as the driven sand. This is just an educated guess, but it seems reasonable with the game mechanics.

Good to hear the famed Sabaen resilience continues in your life or death struggle.

The small Egyptian Red Sea Fleet will hopefully have solved your Qataban naval blockade problem this turn having just been despatched to the area .

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

devoncop

All sorts of shenanigans around Judea again.

Egyptian troops storm \Jerusalem and Arabian forces take Samaria and Gallilee as the Seleucid behemoth is arriving in theatre threatening hell and damnation on those fighting the Judeans if they do not give the beaten Judeans large amounts of their territory in addition to the recent gains in a blatent attempt to curry favour with Judea which had previously been closely aligned with the Antigonids.

The Antigonids have suggested a much more balanced peace settlement which Egypt has agreed to but Judea rejected.

The Judeans have unsurprisingly rejected the Antigonid proposals and accepted those of the Seleucids.......

In the middle of all this mayhem the last significant Judean field army is destroyed by the Arabians and a large Judean pirate fleet has been sunk off the Levant by the Egyptian navy......just to add spice a smaller Pictish pirate fleet (subsidised by the Judeans!) was spotted engaged in nefarious activity in the area .......warnings have been given...............

al_infierno

Meanwhile, the merchant oligarchs of Carthage awoke from a multi-year opium coma to realize that they queued production of troops for the next 10 years and assigned the entire populace to grow hemp.   ???
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

devoncop

Quote from: al_infierno on September 05, 2019, 12:01:18 PM
Meanwhile, the merchant oligarchs of Carthage awoke from a multi-year opium coma to realize that they queued production of troops for the next 10 years and assigned the entire populace to grow hemp.   ???

Much more civilised sort of behaviour  :)

JasonPratt

"Judean Pirate Fleet" -- this alternate universe is just, so, I cannot even...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Quote from: al_infierno on September 05, 2019, 12:01:18 PM

That sounds like they're planning to drink down, which my brother from fraternity experience recommends against...

Sir Slash

I never thought you guys could screw-up this world worse than the real one but....  :hide:  But, what-the-hell, it's fun to read.  :bd:

devoncop

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 05, 2019, 06:41:49 PM
I never thought you guys could screw-up this world worse than the real one  :bd:

Oh I think you did :)

JasonPratt

Qatabians sulk
Rather than have peace
So enough of this:
Time to end this war!

I saw the Egyptian fleet go down the coast, by the way, and although apparently(?) only one Qat fleet remained, I didn't see any result from the incursion. Weird. The vanishing of 5 of their ships (before the Egyptians arrived -- can't blame them, I'd have rethought my life choices, too!) prompted me to check on the main armies after we'd both spent a turn resting up from their failed invasion.

At first I still didn't think much of my chances. But then I noticed that practically all their units were exhausted, probably from manpower shortages finally eating into their ability to replenish after natural losses every year.

Whereas, my army looked in great shape (aside from one infantry who was a little depleted from not quite enough manpower this year).

So I'm invading this year, and we'll see if I can finish off at least their main army. Maybe not their garrison, but they don't have walls yet so who knows.