Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Quote from: Gusington on November 21, 2014, 07:06:01 PM
These new Black Sea colonies are kind of intriguing to me...I want to get it but I should probably wait for the holiday sale. Right?
Yes. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

^Thank you. I waited :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

So I finally started my Armenia campaign. Surrounded by enemies but a lot of them are weak. Except Parthia...Parthia's going to be a real problem. I am hoping that one of the Roman factions will help me out by smacking them around a little bit. In the meantime I will take out Parthia's weaker allies one by one.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

give marc antony instructions to attack their biggest army - it helped me

Gusington

I was actually able to withstand the first Parthian onslaught on my own. Looks like my Armenians can trump the Parthians with quality over quantity.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on November 30, 2014, 06:07:50 PM
So I finally started my Armenia campaign. Surrounded by enemies but a lot of them are weak. Except Parthia...Parthia's going to be a real problem. I am hoping that one of the Roman factions will help me out by smacking them around a little bit. In the meantime I will take out Parthia's weaker allies one by one.

My Armenia campaign started off diplomatically weird, methinks.

I somehow quickly became friendly with Parthia (must've DOW'd one of their enemies?) and most of the factions in Asia Minor (Pontus, etc).  I was also on decent terms with the Seleucs even though they kept refusing to trade with me, so when Pontus had expanded at their expense and my treaties with the Seleucs became a drag on my other diplo relations, I tore up my Seleuc treaties.  They got pissed but at that point they had been ripped to shreds and had only a few areas left.

So pretty much all my neighbors to my East, South, and West became friendly to various extents early on.  Which is good because the horsemen up north were all pissy.  So I've been conquering northward around the seas in a leisurely manner.  My diplo moves have secured my borders everywhere else.   :smiley6600:

Gusington

I'm about 20-25 turns in but I have not encountered he Seleucids yet. Should be able to take another 20-25 turns later on.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on December 01, 2014, 03:30:43 PM
I'm about 20-25 turns in but I have not encountered he Seleucids yet. Should be able to take another 20-25 turns later on.

Seriously?  They're pretty much right next to you at the start!

:o

undercovergeek

must admit, i dont recall seeing them either - unless theyd been killed

gus' post made me log onto the game for the first time in weeks, had a good 2 hours, getting to the stage now where im thinking of telling Antony to stick it up his **** although the power meter still puts him well above me despite me being the biggest player on the map by far - at the minute my land divides his empire in two at Side

Just had a great turn against, i think Galicia although they might be spanish!?! - they had five cities, i had five full stacks, parked outside each of his cities, declared war and wiped him off the map in one turn - pretty brutal

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 01, 2014, 04:31:39 PM
must admit, i dont recall seeing them either - unless theyd been killed

gus' post made me log onto the game for the first time in weeks, had a good 2 hours, getting to the stage now where im thinking of telling Antony to stick it up his **** although the power meter still puts him well above me despite me being the biggest player on the map by far - at the minute my land divides his empire in two at Side

Just had a great turn against, i think Galicia although they might be spanish!?! - they had five cities, i had five full stacks, parked outside each of his cities, declared war and wiped him off the map in one turn - pretty brutal

Galicia?  Probably.  Galatia?  I think those are the Celts in Asia Minor IIRC.   

Confusing isn't it?  It's all Celtic to me!

undercovergeek

thats them galatia - green and white shield - dead, the stuff of archaelogical digs

Gusington

I smacked around Cappadocia last night...still have not seen any Seleucids. Parthia is a giant problem...I only held them off because I manually played every battle last night...it was exhausting after a while. On my last turn they sent 3 full stacks my way. I will have to deal with that tonight.  Could not convince Antony to help me against Parthia either...do they eventually slug it oit on their own? I'm kinda counting on that.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Random question:  Anyone know if the Four Seasons mod (or whatever it's called) has been updated to be compatible with the latest patch?  I've kinda been waiting for that before I got back into the game (much as I've wanted to play it). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces