I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Asid

Steel Beasts Pro

Chinook dropping infantry

War in Pieces

jomni

Insurgency

Coop is fun but a frustrating affair. We rarely win a mission.  The AI bots playing the militants are tough.  They are accurate and even well coordinated.  They can suppress, flank, and use smoke for cover.  And use molotov cocktails to flush you out of your hiding places.   This is impressive AI programming.

The more people join the game, the more will spawn.  The maps for coop are linear as you need to press through successive checkpoints. This is what makes it even more though.  Put a fireteam in a cramped space with only one path.  And that path is infested with dozens of enemy soldiers who don't really sit there and do nothing as they actively try to overwhelm your forces.

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on August 12, 2014, 05:33:06 PM
Insurgency

Coop is fun but a frustrating affair. We rarely win a mission.  The AI bots playing the militants are tough.  They are accurate and even well coordinated.  They can suppress, flank, and use smoke for cover.  And use molotov cocktails to flush you out of your hiding places.   This is impressive AI programming.

The more people join the game, the more will spawn.  The maps for coop are linear as you need to press through successive checkpoints. This is what makes it even more though.  Put a fireteam in a cramped space with only one path.  And that path is infested with dozens of enemy soldiers who don't really sit there and do nothing as they actively try to overwhelm your forces.

So .. is it any good beside the AI routines?

jomni

Weapons modeling is nice with many customization options. You earn supply points in between rounds just like credits in counterstrike. 

Nothing great about Pvp. Though weapons models, damage models and movement speed are similar to RO2, the situations are cookie cutter FPS in small maps.  It's no where near RO2 or ARMA. it's more like a more realistic Counter Strike.

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on August 12, 2014, 07:51:39 PM
Weapons modeling is nice with many customization options. You earn supply points in between rounds just like credits in counterstrike. 

Nothing great about Pvp. Though weapons models, damage models and movement speed are similar to RO2, the situations are cookie cutter FPS in small maps.  It's no where near RO2 or ARMA. it's more like a more realistic Counter Strike.

Sad to hear the maps are small cookie cutters.  But I probably won't rule it out for that alone if it's a more "tactical" style shooter like RO2 and ARMA.   I'm not much of an FPS'er lately, however, so it wouldn't be high on my list.

Toonces

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 10, 2014, 06:18:48 AM
Toonces, what gfx mods are you using in those pix? I tried some a while back and it broke the game. Had to reinstall and start over.  :(

SW-
I'm using something called Morrowind Complete Overhaul 3.0 

http://www.ornitocopter.net/morrowind-overhaul/

The only other mod that I can think of that I have installed, besides the overhaul, is a mod that speeds up your walking by 200% or something like that.  It makes getting from point A to point B a bit less painful.  The AI's are also sped up, so it doesn't confer any advantage other than making traveling less of a chore.

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Asid

War in Pieces

Asid

Steel Beasts Pro

WE GOT A BLACKHAWK DOWN WE GOT A BLACKHAWK DOWN

WE GOT A BIRD DOWN IN THE CITY!

1 Hit By Rifle Squad (7.62mm)

2 Hit by ZSU 23-4 (OZ HEI-T)

3 Hit by Rifle Squad (7.62mm) Crew casualties

4 Hit by ZSU 23-4 (OZ HEI-T)

5 Hit by M1A1 (M829) Fatal Shot!

6 Going Down

7 We got a Black Hawk Down!

8 WE GOT A BIRD DOWN IN THE CITY!

War in Pieces

PanzersEast

Our assault last night on the city.....

M1s on overwatch as you can see a Chinook in the background outbound as it dropped off troops in the LZ

Bradley's move in for infantry fire support as more troops arrive at the LZ

Clearing the city was no easy task, street by street

Asid is the Driver and I the gunner as we support his infantry and push to the NorthEast of the city (you can see artillery fire in the distance)

PE Gets it in the tail pipe!

Jarhead0331

^Now those are some very atmospheric shots.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Asid

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 14, 2014, 08:51:55 AM

Great shots PanzersEast   O0
War in Pieces

jomni

Quote from: Asid on August 14, 2014, 09:38:53 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 14, 2014, 08:51:55 AM

Great shots PanzersEast   O0

Very talented work.  Great edits!