Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: W8taminute on August 19, 2014, 07:02:29 PM
Yes indeed!  This is not the standard game however.  It is a scenario called GD1938.  So far I'm having fun with it.

Edit:  Advanced Tactics Gold!!!   :)

Are there many historical scenarios in AT:Gold or are most of them user-created ones you must download?

W8taminute

Quote from: Nefaro on August 19, 2014, 10:40:19 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on August 19, 2014, 07:02:29 PM
Yes indeed!  This is not the standard game however.  It is a scenario called GD1938.  So far I'm having fun with it.

Edit:  Advanced Tactics Gold!!!   :)

Are there many historical scenarios in AT:Gold or are most of them user-created ones you must download?

There are a few scenarios included in the game but nothing historical per se.  You have to download user created historical scenarios.  Whilst the vast majority are set in WW2 there are a few fictional ones such as settings in space and magical kingdoms.  There is one set in WW1 in Europe that is pretty good.  Then there are a handful of late twentieth century scenarii. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

jomni

The Vietnam War scenario for ATG is pretty good. Though there's something wrong with the scoring. But it's a minor point.

My unfinished ARR. I really have restart this one.
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=1792.0

Silent Disapproval Robot

Some IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad screens. 

I was just practicing some rocket runs in a Sturmovik while using complex engine management.

Flying an IL-2 Sturmovik with an AM-38 engine, 40% fuel, 8x RS-32 rockets and 4x 50kg FAB bombs.  Airfield south of Stalingrad, 8:30 am, clear skies, bloody cold!  (Took 8 minutes just to warm the oil up enough to enable take off.)

Here's the cockpit.

From lower left, the gauges are: 

• Oil temperature: inbound
  • Water temperature
  • Multi-gauge with oil temp: outbound, oil pressure, and fuel pressure
  • Tachometer
  • Manifold pressure
  • Fuel
  • Altimeter
  • Air speed indicator
  • Turn and bank indicator
  • Compass (mostly obscured by gunsight)
  • Artificial horizon
  • Vertical speed indicator
  • Landing gear indicator lights
  • Battery
  • Clock

There's no real indicator of how you're doing for your fuel mixture other than engine sounds, clouds of black smoke behind your plane, or cracking open the canopy and checking the exhaust flames.  Blue-orange flames indicate best power setting at that altitude.

Here I can see I've got the blue-orange flame happening, so I'm good.  Soon afterwards I saw my water temp was climbing and steam was belching out of the plane so I had to crack open the water radiator a bit more and re-trim the plane.

Spotted a German train so I entered a shallow dive and fired off a single rocket, broadside on at long range.  I lucked out and it hit close enough to the engine to damage it and the train ground to a halt.

With the train stopped, I could take my time and line up end on and hit it with some more rockets.  (I slowed game speed down to 1/4 in the hopes of getting some good screenies of the rockets leaving the plane, but even at slow speed it was kinda difficult to fly and take screenshots.  You can just make out the rocket exhaust on the right-hand edge of the gun-sight glass here.

Direct hit on the engine and coal car.

Result, the front half of the train went up in flames.

W8taminute

Those are some nice screenies SDR and thanks for the explanation of the gauges and the need to mix fuel properly at varying altitudes.  I never realized flying a piston engined plane was so complex. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Asid

Steel Beasts Pro

Meet my friend Sep

Pics by PanzersEast
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

W8taminute

China front as seen from the Japanese perspective.  Japan seems unstoppable as they add hectare after hectare of China to the Greater East Asian Co-prosperity Sphere.

The flow of men, machines, materials, and supplies into Japanese High Command is impressive by Asian standards.

-budd-

7 Days to Die got 2 updates the last week so i decided to try it out. Random Gen worlds was probably the big thing,  the second update added 35 POI's to random gen worlds. I noticed crafting is easier to figure out, color coding, a search function and categories. The mini-map is gone replaced by a compass, so you have to explore to find stuff. There is a  map that displays once you go through an area. Broken bones are now possible, can't run with a broken bone. It will heal eventually but faster if you make a splint. Mo-cap for the zombies should be close to getting in the game. I've got a little temp base up and will start exploring the map. I want to take a run to the center of the map where the city is, it's the one constant in random gen worlds. This game has come along way since i jumped in on alpha 6.0, 9.0 and 9.1 are the versions that came out this past week.

map

this came on board in 9.1, smoke for the resupply crates .makes it easier to track them especially when there not dropping close. Usually drugs, ammo, food, water, gun parts in the crates.

game still has issues...yup thats a dear on the roof, pigs,zombies enjoy roof time too.

My base for now.Boarded up the best i can for now. It defiantly was one of my easier starts, 4 of those storage boxes are full. I've located 3 out of the 4 supply drops and there usually 3 crates each drop so i'm stocked up. where you see the wall texture changes i've had to repair damage from the zombies trying to get in. I plan on digging down through the floor and making a cavern with a tunnel to the other side of town.There's a room behind me in this shot with a toilet for water, so my water needs are taken care of. You drink toilet water straight you get sick, boil it your good.

usually around 7 a.m. the zombies stop running or these zombies would be sprinting toward me. You can set them to always run or not run at all also.I use the default, run at night, walk during the day.

Last night i had cleared the perimeter and was in lockdown and 6 zombies and a couple dogs broke in and attacked my ass. Usually i have another way out[ladder to the roof/ tunnel] but hadn't got around to it yet. I'm spending this night outside, the crosshair is on my base.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

BanzaiCat

W8, what game is that (your Japanese side invading China)?

W8taminute

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 24, 2014, 05:32:47 PM
W8, what game is that (your Japanese side invading China)?

It's a user created scenario called Global Domination 1938 for the Matrix game 'Advanced Tactics Gold'.  I'm really having fun with this game.   8)

PanzersEast

Great playing with Jarhead, Skoop, and Asid.... good times and all did very well  O0  Looking forward to playing with Jarhead and Skoop some more.  Thanks JH, oh course Asid will say he taught me everything   :buck2:

Jarhead's new Toy

Asid engaging a T-90 at long Range

Earlier Mission

Air support

jomni

Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam Tet Offensive Campaign

Just a simple mission of blowing up something in the jungles.

Even bad weather doesn't stop us.  Landing was done using the localizer and glideslope.  No sweat.

PanzersEast

Asid

Steel Beasts Pro

M1A2Sep

Phone Upgrade

Camo
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Boggit

Quote from: jomni on August 20, 2014, 01:14:38 AM
The Vietnam War scenario for ATG is pretty good. Though there's something wrong with the scoring. But it's a minor point.

My unfinished ARR. I really have restart this one.
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=1792.0
I remember that,. It was pretty cool. :)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat