Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asid

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

republic

Quote from: RooksBailey on October 03, 2014, 03:20:31 AM
I've been hearing some good things about Planetside 2 lately.  I played it when it was in beta, and again when it went v1.0, but the game was very buggy and suffered from a bunch of flaws that really killed it for me.  However, SoE has been working with the community to improve it over the last year or so and, yeah, the game is starting to feel quite fun now.  This might prove to be the sci-fi wargame I always wanted!

Took some screenies tonight:

Good game.  So far I recommend it.

Hello my New Conglomerate brother!  Do you happen to play on Connery, if so my in game name is Dendarii.  I've recently gotten back into Planetside 2 pretty heavily I guess, Steam claims I've played 22 hours in the last couple of weeks 0.o

RooksBailey

Quote from: republic on October 05, 2014, 07:22:15 AM
Hello my New Conglomerate brother!  Do you happen to play on Connery, if so my in game name is Dendarii.  I've recently gotten back into Planetside 2 pretty heavily I guess, Steam claims I've played 22 hours in the last couple of weeks 0.o

Comrade!  Unfortunately, my one char is located on Emerald (it was recommended as the US East server].   :(  Which is my in-game name, my "Station name" or my character name?   LOL!  Still learning this game.

And I am like you: I just can't stop playing this shooter.  I even put down Battlefield 4 for the past week!   :buck2:  My only complaint so far is the erratic frame rate.  Whenever a big battle starts - and by "big" I don't mean anything more than say around 30 odd people - my frame rate tanks to 20-25, down from 50+.  It is getting on my nerves, especially seeing how this game doesn't look as good as BF4, nor does it have to deal with dynamic destruction, so I don't get the slowdowns (netcode issue perhaps?). However, seeing how I play mostly late at night, most of the battles I am in are smaller affairs of a dozen or two players which doesn't affect my frame rate.

Be that as it may - yeah, this is starting to come dangerously close to that Hammer's Slammers experience I always wanted.   :smitten:  And I am finally getting something a pal of mine once said about how the battles in this game are just different from the battles in BF4.  He said in BF4, every battle is just a forced skirmish with no greater context.  In PS2, battles develop more organically (but there is a bit of nudging from the game) and, as a result, feel more realistic and worthwhile.  That certainly seems to be the case.  I've been in a few battles where they had begun with just two or three guys per side skirmishing for control of a generator or a capture point, but then somebody brings in a tank, and somebody else brings in a jet, and before you know you have a large, swirling combined arms battle.   8)

Anyway, because this is a screenshot thread, here are some:

This was a shot of a tank battle that took place in a swamp during a foggy night.  It was on the new jungle continent.

Tonight I was on the frozen wastes of Esamir and found myself in a fight for Waterson's Redemption.  Outside of the enemy encampment some vehicles had set up shop to prepare the assault.  I tastefully hid behind some crates, of course.  :) Well, it didn't take long for the enemy to notice us.  Before long airstrikes came in.  Here, you can see a AA  tank at work:

The enemy soon brought in armor, after which things got hot (and I hid next to a Sunderer of course  LOL!):

We needed to hightail it out of there when out last Lightning got taken out:

Run!

I might have to actually make a micro-transaction or two with this game.   :)

See you on the battlefield one day!  BTW: do you have more than one character?
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

W8taminute

jomni -  What train game is that?  Looks good.

Planetside 2 - Thanks for the screenies Rooks.  This game looks good.  If I can tear myself away from Destiny I gotta check PS2 out.   

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

republic

Many of the battles in Planetside 2 are absolutely epic.  Dozens of tanks, gunships, nearly 100 soldiers all firing on a location to bring down the defenses...and at night...whew.  I'll try to shoot some video tonight.  But for my screenshot, this is the most XP I've ever earned for a life.  10,976 XP

RooksBailey

Wow!  Almost 11K XP!  And I thought I had a good night when I got almost 5K last night.  Good job!  O0  Looking forward to the vids!

Quote from: W8taminutePlanetside 2 - Thanks for the screenies Rooks.  This game looks good.  If I can tear myself away from Destiny I gotta check PS2 out.

No problem.  I had fun with this game.  Definitely worth checking out.  I think I will be putting it down again, though.  I am just getting really tired of the wild frame rates in this game.  I go from 50 down to 20 just because six people are shooting at each other?  That sort of undermines the whole idea of enjoyable big battles.  Getting a bit too frustrating for me.  :-\

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

republic

Quote from: RooksBailey on October 06, 2014, 03:41:42 PM
Wow!  Almost 11K XP!  And I thought I had a good night when I got almost 5K last night.  Good job!  O0  Looking forward to the vids!

No problem.  I had fun with this game.  Definitely worth checking out.  I think I will be putting it down again, though.  I am just getting really tired of the wild frame rates in this game.  I go from 50 down to 20 just because six people are shooting at each other?  That sort of undermines the whole idea of enjoyable big battles.  Getting a bit too frustrating for me.  :-\

I occasionally have framerate dips but only when there's like 100+ players around.  Core i7 3770, 16gb ram, but only a GTX 660.

RooksBailey

Quote from: republic on October 06, 2014, 08:28:08 PM
I occasionally have framerate dips but only when there's like 100+ players around.  Core i7 3770, 16gb ram, but only a GTX 660.

It seems to be a weird optimization issue.  I was reading a thread on the official forums where lots of people, many of whom had far newer rigs and GPUs than me - were getting similar results or worse.  it doesn't make sense.  I think it has to be related not to graphics but to either netcode or what some are referring to as a "CPU bottleneck" where there is just too many calculations being made in a battle.  BF4 looks far better than PS2 but I never experience wild framerate drops in those 64 person battles. 

I'm still gonna tinker with the game, but I am getting annoyed.  As I wrote above, earlier today I was in a smallish fight of about 12 v 12 and my framerate plummeted from 50 to 20 for no apparent reason.  Distant infantry sniping at each other shouldn't cost me 30 frames!

BTW: here is the weird part: those screenies I took above were of similar sized battles involving infantry, aircraft and tanks.  I had no framerate issues.  But today I am in a CoD sized 12 v 12 and my FPS grinds to a halt?!?  Something weird going on.  :uglystupid2:

panzerde

My gunship against the twin suns of Gemini sector:

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Asid

Steel Beasts Pro is not all about tanks... Here's some IFV love  :-*

CV90-40C

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

RooksBailey

Quote from: panzerde on October 06, 2014, 09:51:46 PM
My gunship against the twin suns of Gemini sector:

Great shot!  From Starpoint Gemini 2, right?  I really like how that game is developing.  I intend to give it a buy as soon as the devs get a few major patches out there to address the post-launch issues that have cropped up.  I think that when they add station control and a more robust faction warfare system, SG2 could be the new X series or offline Eve. 

panzerde

Quote from: RooksBailey on October 07, 2014, 04:09:02 PM

Great shot!  From Starpoint Gemini 2, right?  I really like how that game is developing.  I intend to give it a buy as soon as the devs get a few major patches out there to address the post-launch issues that have cropped up.  I think that when they add station control and a more robust faction warfare system, SG2 could be the new X series or offline Eve. 

Yes, Starpoint Gemini 2. I played a fair amount when it was Early Access; it was one of the few Early Access games I wasn't disappointed in. I'm just starting the single player campaign. Definitely more polished that SPG1 was already, though there are still some things to clean up. I'm struggling to adjust to flying this gunship versus the frigate I had during early access. The gunship is a pig in comparison!

panzerde

RooksBailey

Quote from: panzerde on October 07, 2014, 05:21:13 PM
Yes, Starpoint Gemini 2. I played a fair amount when it was Early Access; it was one of the few Early Access games I wasn't disappointed in. I'm just starting the single player campaign. Definitely more polished that SPG1 was already, though there are still some things to clean up. I'm struggling to adjust to flying this gunship versus the frigate I had during early access. The gunship is a pig in comparison!

I am glad to hear that the ships really handle differently!  I have to say LGM did a great job with the models, nice to know they didn't skimp on the internals, so to speak. 

Definitely looking forward to picking this game up in the future.

jomni

Quote from: W8taminute on October 06, 2014, 05:20:21 AM
jomni -  What train game is that?  Looks good.

Planetside 2 - Thanks for the screenies Rooks.  This game looks good.  If I can tear myself away from Destiny I gotta check PS2 out.

Train Simulator 2015