Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Not really the best screenshots.  But here's my first run with Black Sea.  Of course I tried out something "exotic".  I played a quick battle as the Russians attacking a Ukrainian village.  I kinda won by killing a lot of the defenders but I lost a lot of light vehicles in the process and did not occupy the whole objective zone. 

These guys are no match to our superior firepower.  Or so we think.  Well-placed ATGM's and RPG's ravaged our vehicles.

Two automatic grenade launcher teams on top of a roof providing overwatch.  These guys proved to be very effective in stopping a last minute Ukrainian counterattack coming from the wall on the left.

Getting ready for the final push to the center of the village.

Defending the village from a Ukrainian counterattack.

Final score.

Grim.Reaper

I envy those that can play those large scenarios in combat mission, so many units to manage......I typically play the tiny-small scenarios and when feeling crazy, maybe medium.

jomni

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 31, 2015, 07:37:57 AM
I envy those that can play those large scenarios in combat mission, so many units to manage......I typically play the tiny-small scenarios and when feeling crazy, maybe medium.

This is just a medium one.  And I left a lot of guys in the rear.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: jomni on January 31, 2015, 07:49:23 AM

wow....that is not comforting...hate to see what the larger scenarios look like.  I guess I'll be sticking with tiny and small for this one, at least for now:)

jomni

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 31, 2015, 07:55:40 AM
Quote from: jomni on January 31, 2015, 07:49:23 AM

wow....that is not comforting...hate to see what the larger scenarios look like.  I guess I'll be sticking with tiny and small for this one, at least for now:)

It was quite for me tiring actually.  This was 45 1-minute turns.  Took me maybe two hours.

Nefaro

You guys play CMx2 in turn-based mode?  ???

JudgeDredd

I do now - after Cyrano showed me the light
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on January 31, 2015, 11:08:02 AM

I mostly play turn base...on occasion I will play rts if the scenario is very small and limited units.  But turn based is my preferred method.

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 31, 2015, 11:10:19 AM

I mostly play turn base...on occasion I will play rts if the scenario is very small and limited units.  But turn based is my preferred method.

I can see why for a couple reasons.  I just recall CMSF being a pain to run in turn-based mode because the decision cycle and scenario time limit was so fast.  It was more fitting to jockey the Pause key in my experience, despite my dislike of doing so.  Maybe this one is different?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on January 31, 2015, 11:27:08 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 31, 2015, 11:10:19 AM

I can see why for a couple reasons.  I just recall CMSF being a pain to run in turn-based mode because the decision cycle and scenario time limit was so fast.  It was more fitting to jockey the Pause key in my experience, despite my dislike of doing so.  Maybe this one is different?

Not sure, have only played the tutorial and one of the scenarios in CMBS so far.  The reason I like turn base better for larger scenarios is I just find it impossible to keep track of all my units in real time mode.  I know the argument is that if you use turn base, you can't make changes until after the minute is up versus RTS you can make changes at any time.  That all sounds good, but way to hard to track all the units and make changes anyway for me.  So I find it acceptable to run the minute and not make changes so I don't need to be frantically panning the battlefield to manage the units....I can just sit back and watch.  And who am I kidding, the units under CPU control probably act better then the ones I try and do something with anyway:)

jomni

I just tried to play turn based.  I used to play CMSF real time.  Can't decide what I like.

jomni

JudgeDredd

My attempt to secure a way through to the Dnieper

Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Here goes...assaulting Arkhypenko Dairy Farm

Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

A Ukrainian AA unit firing at my Mi-24

Alba gu' brath