Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bardolph

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 03, 2016, 05:56:49 PM
Quote from: Bardolph on March 03, 2016, 05:01:17 PM

When its working its pretty damn fun. Lots of mods already out there, mostly boardgames. But I think it has potential as a miniatures platform, and it will be fun to play some games with folks I can't otherwise meet across a game table. If anyone wants to give it a try hit me up, most of the people online are playing something called Secret Hitler. Lots of 2 minute attentions spans, which puzzles me as to why they would buy a boardgame "simulator" in the first place.

I'm definitely up for giving it a whirl.

Sure. I'll pm ya my Steam ID. Not sure what your schedule is like, but I'm sure we can figure something out.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on February 26, 2016, 08:50:45 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on February 25, 2016, 11:37:04 PM
Quote from: WallysWorld on February 25, 2016, 06:45:53 PM
From "Atlantic Fleet". The red line from Graf Spee is indicating that HMS Exeter is being targeted.

Incoming shell from HMS Ajax that just fell short:

Nice!

Here is the Thermopylae from the same game:

Denmark Strait-- Here the Bismarck and Prinz Eugen come out of the sun, collide and get straddled by a broadside from Hood:

Spintires:  Big mod thing:

smithcorp

Haha - nice. I want someone to mod a Haflinger (my first car) and a Pinzgauer.

-budd-

Early returns for Mius Front from the tutorials

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

jomni

I like the last one.  Very dramatic.

Father Ted

Quote from: Bardolph on March 03, 2016, 05:31:04 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on March 03, 2016, 04:35:21 PM
Sorry to be that person, but why not play Combat Mission?

Why should I not play Crossfire? Or ASL? Or PanzerBlitz? Or Combat Commander: Europe? Or Rapid Fire? Or Battlefront WWII? Or Panzergrenadier? Or I Ain't Been Shot Mum!  Or any of the other countless WWII tactical level games out there that aren't Combat Mission? Should we bin all of those because "Combat Mission"?    ::)

CMBO was good, best thing on the computer at the time, but it was not the end all be all of WWII tactical gaming then and it still isn't now.

I think Crossfire is one of the best WWII tactical games going, miniatures or otherwise. And now I can play it with folks I've only known online that are too far to game with in person.

Edited to add something that struck me while mucking the barns ( a very contemplative time, mucking ;) ):
One actual reason I might prefer this to Combat Mission is rules. Combat Mission you play what they gave you. And that's it. You can't change anything you might disagree with. On the other hand miniatures rules in particular and boardgames to some extent have a long tradition of "house rules".
For example, when CMBO came out I was pleased with the order delay concept, only I thought it really didn't go far enough. But the vast majority of complaints on the issue were that it existed at all. So it was severely dialed back, if not removed altogether. Nothing I could do to mod the game to make the longer delays I would have preferred. On the other hand, a lot of people don't like Crossfire's armor system as Arty kept it simple on the basis you are an infantry company/battalion commander and shouldn't really be buried in the finer details of tank fighting. So there are a large number of variant rules floating around out there, and you are free to use or not use any of them you might desire.

I prefer your post-mucking reasoning :)

My perspective is that I played 1/300 scale minis using "Wargame Research Group" rules back in my teens, which I enjoyed, but always had difficulty with the inherent lack of FoW (plus the immersion-breaking measuring, moving and dice-rolling).  So when I discovered CMBB I was smitten - it seemed to be playing with minis, but with all the annoyances taken out.  Hence my comment.

bob48

I used to play the WRG rules as well. I had a ton of 1/300 stuff and made a lot of modular terrain for it as well.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Father Ted

Quote from: bob48 on March 05, 2016, 03:18:29 PM
I used to play the WRG rules as well. I had a ton of 1/300 stuff and made a lot of modular terrain for it as well.
To be honest most of my enjoyment stemmed from making the little houses, trees, roads, etc and then setting them up into a believable environment.  The actual wargaming became a side-issue.

Bardolph

I know folks that still play WRG rules on occasion, and I still have my copies. They are available for free on the WRG website these days too. wrg.me.uk

We started with Tractics on the basement floor.

jomni

Check out the guy in the center.

Huw the Poo

Martok

That seems like an odd thing to do in the middle of a battle.  ;D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

The A-Team

Mike Ger - our sneaky German ranger
Longblade - our Combat Medic
Bob - all round slayer of bad guys
Gus - there is not a tree safe in his range
Huw (RIP) - Welsh bullet magnet

Pray silence for our Welsh comrade, we lost him on this mission

undercovergeek

Huw the Poo

What!  I'm a sniper, how did I get into the line of fire?  Incompetent management, that's how!