Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I've been using 1024 myself in recent AARs after several using 800.

That seems to be about as big as a photo can go without becoming scrollable on most systems.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

The thing to keep in mind about the horizontal scrolling for large images is that one image per post isn't a big deal, but when multiple large images are in a single post, the horizontal scroll bar only appears at the bottom of the post. In many cases, you end up scrolling down the page to find the horizontal scroll and the image you wanted to view is now out of frame.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Quote from: mirth on March 14, 2016, 03:26:58 PM
The thing to keep in mind about the horizontal scrolling for large images is that one image per post isn't a big deal, but when multiple large images are in a single post, the horizontal scroll bar only appears at the bottom of the post. In many a cases you end up scrolling down the page to find the horizontal scroll and the image you wanted to view is now out of frame.

This.
Big pictures = great but only one per post please.

undercovergeek

Poor Marines, if i knew how to rearm them i would, as it is theyre on point with pistols and a shotgun

To their left the recently repaired Bradley chews up some baddies

jomni

undercovergeek

JasonPratt

Note on scrolling multiple big pictures: as long as you can find a place to click on text (even if it's a blank return) within the post, you can then use arrow keys to scroll the picture left and right.

It isn't a perfect solution, but it's better than scrolling up and down to find the horizontal scrollbar.  :buck2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Nefaro

Quote from: Barthheart on March 14, 2016, 03:42:05 PM
Quote from: mirth on March 14, 2016, 03:26:58 PM
The thing to keep in mind about the horizontal scrolling for large images is that one image per post isn't a big deal, but when multiple large images are in a single post, the horizontal scroll bar only appears at the bottom of the post. In many a cases you end up scrolling down the page to find the horizontal scroll and the image you wanted to view is now out of frame.

This.
Big pictures = great but only one per post please.

You guys can Right-Click the screenshot you want to fully see and then select "View Image" (or "show picture/photo" depending on browser).

It will go forward to a page showing only the pic, fit to your browser window size, where you can zoom in with a click & has it's own scroll bar.

Then just hit your Back button to return and repeat on the next, if you wish.

;)

Edit:

Also note that a screenshot's viewable area can depend on your computer's screen resolution and how much extra screen space your browser's frames are taking up.  So one person using a large hi-res monitor can see more.  It's not the same for everyone unless the forum software has an upper resolution limit set.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

undercovergeek

Quote from: Nefaro on March 15, 2016, 10:24:40 AM

Also note that a screenshot's viewable area can depend on your computer's screen resolution and how much extra screen space your browser's frames are taking up.  So one person using a large hi-res monitor can see more.  It's not the same for everyone unless the forum software has an upper resolution limit set.

this for me - my home PC can show all the pic at 1920 x 1080 but the laptop needs some scroll bar love

undercovergeek

Marines overwatch a strategic point.................

..........whilst the assault squad guard the flanks........

.........so the bad guys send a tank to kill everyone

JudgeDredd

That looks like quite a cool game  O0
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

enjoying it very much - getting my ass handed to me by the AI - AFVs are a nightmare when you just have an AT team

jomni

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 22, 2016, 05:42:53 PM
enjoying it very much - getting my ass handed to me by the AI - AFVs are a nightmare when you just have an AT team

But it's a fast click-fest?